General Forum > Gay Homeland - General discussions

"Gay State" by Garrett Graham

<< < (2/3) > >>

Feral:
I can't say that I have anything substantial or productive to say about them. In principle, I hope they succeed or at least produce something of value for the Gay people.

Leoroc:
Has anyone here looked into this FIGS group connected to the book? Looks pretty interesting and strong but I haven't heard of it until today. Looks to be actively updated but for all I know it could be pretty small.

Personally I'm not ready to ally myself to any group attempting to found a gay state as I have my own plan and vision I am trying to implement and want to see how it pans out.

Feral:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Mon, Feb 01, 2010, 12:14 ---For those into comparative text analysis, the following text might be interesting as well: The Jewish State by Dr. Theodor Herzl.

--- End quote ---

Huh. Pink is a striking color.

Mogul:
Well then... I have requested some info from Mr. Graham about the book. He promised to send me a copy of the new edition, but didn't answer questions on whereabouts of the previous 2 printings (2007 and 2008).

However, the interested reader can at least read the preface of his book: http://thegaystateblog.wordpress.com/the-book/.

For those into comparative text analysis, the following text might be interesting as well: The Jewish State by Dr. Theodor Herzl.

Feral:
The vistaprint directory listing of the web site offers this:

--- Quote ---Description:   The Gay State began as an internationally best selling book devoted to Gay equallity. Since 2007, a movement began to create the world's first Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender nation-state that would grant the Gay community freedom and liberty.

Brands:   Sales of the 2010 re-edited, revised and third printing of the best selling, The Gay State, from the online gift shop, a variety of gift & novelty items, casual apparel, sports apparel & travel gear.

Year Established:   2007
--- End quote ---

From what I've read, I believe the book was, in fact, self-published in 2007 and was sold through this web site. (I have found a reference to one of the site's domain names from January of 2007.) I don't know if it was ever sold elsewhere. Assuming all goes as planned for the author, the book should be available later this year. I'll set aside my skeptical nature for the time being because the book will obviously be able to speak for itself and any doubts about it now would be complete speculation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version