General Forum > Gay Culture

Is gay/lesbian publishing disappearing?

(1/2) > >>

Feral:
Well, we always have Doug Ireland. :)

Andy Humm is quite solid as well. Still, you are right -- there is much to wish for in today's journalism.

Mogul:

--- Quote from: Feral on Tue, Nov 28, 2006, 10:33 ---I dare say the more recent changes in the "media landscape" may well have made this the golden age of the gay press.
--- End quote ---

This was a biting irony, wasn't it?  :=SU From what I can judge, there isn't much of the gay press so far. GoogleNews Search and re-wording articles provided by AP can't be really seen as powerfull journalism... 

Feral:
Do We Need a GLBT Press? What a strange title for a discussion of the "role that queer journalism has and can play in an ever-changing media landscape." Clearly we need a gay press. I dare say the more recent changes in the "media landscape" may well have made this the golden age of the gay press.

Mogul:
The GLBT Historical Society, with its cosponsor, the Northern California Chapter of the NLGJA, will hold a roundtable discussion "Do We Need a GLBT Press?" exploring the role that queer journalism has played and can continue to play in an ever-changing media landscape.

Mogul:
There is a  bimonthly journal of LGBT arts, culture and politics "The Gay & Lesbian Review" devoted to the promotion of the gay culture:

"The Mission of The Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide is to provide a forum for enlightened discussion of issues and ideas of importance to lesbians and gay men; to advance gay and lesbian culture by providing a quality vehicle for its best writers and thinkers; and to educate a broader public on gay and lesbian topics."

The "Archives" section contains some interesting reviews on gay & lesbian books.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version