Coral Sea Café > External Members Forum

Gay & Lesbian Kingdom (Unified Gay Tribe, NOT of the Coral Sea Islands)

<< < (2/2)

Feral:
It would appear that they have decided to completely scrap the constitutional foundation of their project in favor of creating it anew, from the beginning. It is a strikingly peculiar course of action to choose, but it was their course to choose and they are welcome to it. Naturally, researching various constitutional documents of constitutional monarchies would take much time. Cobbling together a constitution for themselves after this research would also take much time -- with month after month passing with nothing of value to show and no meaningful progress to report. It is not such easy work, nor does it lend itself to frequent progress reports. I can understand their silence on this matter.

If they are truly trying to prune a 150-page draft to but 100 pages, I both applaud their industry and wish them luck.

I'm not sure what purpose a hundred pages will serve, and I'm not sure how they will manage to follow it's dictates once ratified (after all -- the Gay Kingdom Act had many fewer pages than this).

I shall look forward to examining this opus once it is published... all efforts to build Gay self-determination are of the greatest interest. The Gay people should govern themselves.

For future, additional efforts, I would heartily encourage not relying on the Gay talent for 'redecorating' the constitutional efforts of straight people. The needs of the Gay people are their own and arise out of quite different circumstances than the needs of straight people. If the Gay people will but attend to the questions of who they are and what they want, an autochthonous constitution will inevitably emerge.

Piper:
This Gayzette is just more rhetoric on their part. It was only posted because they were confronted regarding their lack of communication with their "constituency".
Additionally, it states that
"The GLK Gayzette is the official publication of the government of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom, and is published on the last day of each calendar quarter during the reorganization phase ...."
Yet, this is the first issue of a gayzette since17 December 2005...almost two years

Karnickel:
For those who care of such things, a new issue of GLK's Gayzette appeared:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gaykingdom/files/Gayzette-2007Aug23.pdf

There Enriqe Pérez explains what they have been doing since August 2005 and what their plans for the next future are. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version