General Forum > Open Forum

Continuation of a debate initiated by e-mail

<< < (2/10) > >>

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Wed, Feb 08, 2006, 23:02 ---
Do you appreciate Issaak Asimov? He is one of my favorite SF writers and his works of "Robots"-series have inspired me in my early youth very much. It would be a greate thing we could have some comparable Saga about our gay republic! OK, if someone would love to write a mystic gay kingdom novel, I would read it as well.

--- End quote ---

I heard often of Asimov,but never actually read anything written by him.When I was young,my preferences went to Jules Verne`s novels.Or to Daniel Defoe`s "Robinson Crusoe".Or to the Belgian "Tintin" cartoons.I enjoyed - and still enjoy - realistic adventure stories,but disliked fairy tales with magical or divine interventions.Science-fiction novels would interest me if the scenario was plausible."Brave new world" was of that kind,and filled me with joy.

K6

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Wed, Feb 08, 2006, 23:02 ---That's exactly what we are here for. Even if only few authors have so far contributed to the debates, the opinions about the way and purposes of the gay state vary in a large scope.

--- End quote ---

Based on experience,I wouldn`t expect to encounter many gays who are separatists.I wouldn`t expect either that agreement will automatically
flow between gays and from the fact that they are separatists.A few non-separatist gays may regard us as crackpots.But in general,the "G" element of the LGBT constellation will not oppose gay separatism.Possibly for that reason that gays never accepted heterosexual domination,no matter the odds against them.The hethro regime cannot really count on their loyalty,or on their defending interests which they have clearly identified as not being theirs.

K6

Mogul:

--- Quote from: K6 on Wed, Feb 08, 2006, 00:14 ---So,in this forum,we could accumulate a corpus of debates and political doctrine having to o with gay independence.And from then on,evolve some blueprint for secession from the hethro Empire.
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what we are here for. Even if only few authors have so far contributed to the debates, the opinions about the way and purposes of the gay state vary in a large scope. Where to put such a state, who is eligible for residential/citizen status, what to do with heterosexual kids and how should the state be governed? The differences in suggested solution, even funded opposition to our cause as such are important: it contributes to the pools of ideas and helps to uncover weak points and neglected problems. I am sure that as much closer we would come to actual realization of our goal, as more wide spectrum of problems we will have to deal with: from economical developement to medical supply and environment protection.

For the first it is important to bring all the interested individuals together and channel our efforts in promotion of the idea. As non of us are professional marketer and our financial ressources are rather sparse, the internet seems to offer the best cost/utility ratio for propaganda. We could also place ads in gay magazines, distribute flyers, postcards and posters, in the hope that some more gay nationalists are there but have never known that others exist as well. 

Generally, everybody is welcome who is interested in further developement of gays/queer as a distinct people on its own. If/when the gay state will be established, it will closely cooperate with the diaspora and need all the help it can get. The cultural and political advancement of the entire gay population will be our task. As for any cultural work no separated territory is required, we can start gathering lots of material right now, and hopefully become the place for research on gay culture. However, untill this days will come, we will have to do a lot of work and try to involve others already active on the field.

If you have a possibility to digitalize some of your stuff, you maybe should do it. As you said, the Internet offers incredible chances, if one has the big luck to make the breakthrough into public visibility. 

--- Quote from: K6 on Wed, Feb 08, 2006, 00:28 ---Close friends of mine have read the novel.Generally,they haven`t liked the first part ("The Ghetto"),but they have enjoyed the two others ("The Colony" and then "The Republic").I put myself in the shoes of gay historians of the future,living in political independence,and regarding it as only their due.
--- End quote ---

This sounds pretty interesting - I think I would enjoy it very much. Do you appreciate Issaak Asimov? He is one of my favorite SF writers and his works of "Robots"-series have inspired me in my early youth very much. It would be a greate thing we could have some comparable Saga about our gay republic! OK, if someone would love to write a mystic gay kingdom novel, I would read it as well.

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Tue, Feb 07, 2006, 21:43 ---I am most sure that there would be much interest among those who speak French - there are many also in France and Africa. :) Literature is very important, as it not only provides us with joy and pleasure, but also with new ideas. A separatist novell is of course an interesting thing!

--- End quote ---

Should a participant to this forum and from the province of Quebec appear,I will give him the necessary information so that he will have access to
the copy of my novel now in the hands of the Archives Gaies du Québec (AGQ).I have been a major contributor to the AGQ from 1992 to 1999,
and I know personally some of its leaders or founders.Close friends of mine have read the novel.Generally,they haven`t liked the first part ("The Ghetto"),but they have enjoyed the two others ("The Colony" and then "The Republic").I put myself in the shoes of gay historians of the future,living in political independence,and regarding it as only their due.Thus,looking down not without some measure of contempt on both
heterosexuals and gays of these former times,when we gays lived under the hethro jackboot.

K6

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Tue, Feb 07, 2006, 21:43 ---Well, why not make a compillation of your ideas into one piece of work and present it in a publication? I know, it is not an easy task, but a worthy one. Sure, such thing would require time - but Roma also wasn't built over night.

--- End quote ---

Since january 1st,1995,I keep up to date a political diary,to register my ideological evolution over the years.Incorporated in it is that code I earlier mentionned,along with maps of the territory of its implementation and changes in the configuration of that territory.Steps have been taken so that the Archives Gaies du Québec will get it should anything happen to me.But I think that this forum of yours is something better and more efficient,if you can only keep it in operation for a certain number of years.In my political diary,I only debate with myself.Here,I have the privilege of debating with other gay separatists,something I have never dreamt it would happen before you contacted me last november.So,in this forum,we could accumulate a corpus of debates and political doctrine having to do with gay independence.And from then on,evolve some blueprint for secession from the hethro Empire.

K6

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version