General Forum > Open Forum

A thought experiment. Get tested together before having sex.

(1/4) > >>

Athrael:
A yearly physical for all things is good. Being gay doesn't mean you have HIV, but if you are promiscuous... Aye, there is the rub. The truth is that there are many other STD's that nobody talks about much but are as important to learn if you have for early and proper treatment to prevent the spread.

I think that the gay community in general is a bit more "clean" with the matter, even those reports of more teenage gays coming down with HIV is out there, I would assume that us "grannies" are still pumping the message to the new kids on the block. If not, then us "grannies" need to sit down and think about life in the 80's one more time and list our dead and departed through the HIV/AIDs death days.

I still pass out condoms and sex advice to "the kids" I even carry that over to straight kids. Especially my promiscuous Niece who I fear we have held hands too many times after unprotected sex in fear that perhaps this time....

I'm now too old and in a position where one night stands are deadly (my partner would kill me ;)) however as I recall the nature of male coupling was more along the lines of "hi how are you?" and straight to bed. Sure sooner or later we find the right man and settle down, but along the road many of us do have quick couplings and on we go.

So as an ideal it is impractical to actually get tested before sex with each partner, unless we really expect sex at first meeting to stop in the community. I dare say human nature being what it is that that will never happen. So as a matter of personal hygiene get tested at least once a year, more if you are dating more than 5 men a year (sleeping with as opposed to dining and a movie dating), wear a condom with everyone until you have had the change to be with that person long enough to know that A. you and he are the only two people having sex. B. that at least 6 months and two test come back negative (although a full year and 3 tests is better) and C. that you are truly in a monogamous relationship.

Let face it bear backing is better, but it should be reserved for the one and only who you know is safe to play with.

elfrid:
My name is Elfrid Walkingtree althought i wolud like rto be known here as Baroness Elfrid Walkingtree of Quetzalcoatl(but i do very strongly support a republic although i might have a very monarchic title).I found out that i tested positive for the anti bodies of HIV 17 years ago and as a double result of a hangover which m,ake me think that i was invisible and there for i could cope with the positive diagnosis and cos an old friend of mine whom i wsas having occasional sex with him sauggested me so.
I would not recommand anybody to be tested cos they want to have sex.Going to have the test is a life changing experiment whether u are negative or positive.So lets not trivilise it,please!

Mogul:
An introduction into HIV and its transmission ways is awailable at Wikipedia.org. Though one should never consult Wikipedia as the only source of information on medical issues, the article contains 37 references and 30 external links on the issue.

A "Thought Experiment" (Gedankenexperiment) is a valuable tool in science, however, it yields no results if it is not clear what is the purpose of such an experiment? You shall take a bit more time to explain your agenda.

dsaklad@gnu.org:
And another related thought experiment...
Two uninfected men are having anal sex.
Is it true?... or false?... that one or both can get human immunodeficiency virus.

dsaklad@gnu.org:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Fri, May 05, 2006, 20:56 ---I would say one can become infected by the HI-virus if some nurse stabs a freshly used syringe into your venes.

--- End quote ---

Now you are coming up with a thought experiment !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version