Forum Info > Introductions

Introductions

(1/2) > >>

Feral:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Mon, Apr 16, 2007, 07:55 ---Unfortunately, the only creature with any meaningfull amount of fur on this forum is this fellow, but he is a cyborg.  >:)

--- End quote ---

But Herr Karnickel is such a CUTE cyborg!

Mogul:
Hello and welcome!

There are a number of issues on this forum which might relate to your special interest on religiously motivated hate speech (and possible liability of religious leaders for subsequent violence against gay people). The Penal Code with special attention to crimes against gay people is still to be set up...

--- Quote from: Nozzer on Sun, Apr 15, 2007, 17:53 ---I undertook an investigation in the notion of hate speech by Christians for my Criminology Diploma course at London University, though the word limit of 10,000 words prevented me including much more information and analysis of same. For anyone interested it is available on the link here (as a PDF file).

--- End quote ---

Yep, this was an interesting lecture. :) 

--- Quote from: Nozzer on Sun, Apr 15, 2007, 17:53 ---My preference for men is of the bearded variety, and preferably matelots! ;D ;D ;D Yummy! :P
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, the only creature with any meaningfull amount of fur on this forum is this fellow, but he is a cyborg.  >:)

Nozzer:
Hello, I've just joined up and am awaiting the issue of my kit as part of joining routine ;D

I live in Kent, just outside London in the UK and have been interested in international aspects of gay rights for several years. I undertook an investigation in the notion of hate speech by Christians for my Criminology Diploma course at London University, though the word limit of 10,000 words prevented me including much more information and analysis of same. For anyone interested it is available on the link here (as a PDF file). I have a continued interest in hate crime, miscarriages of justice and jurisprudence, as well as a general interest in philosophy and topoi such as truth, reason, liberty and rights.

I am a member of Amnesty International and would describe myself as a liberal with strong libertarian beliefs including the right to free speech, freedom of religion (constrained only with regard to respecting the rights & freedoms of others - as set out in the rarely cited Article 9(2) of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, 1950. As this convention underpins rights in the EU, and subscription to it is a pre-condition of EU membership, it is unfortunate that the rights of those who have chosen to subscribe to a conservative religious ideology and corresponding (and usually highly selective) lifestyle are allowed to trump the rights of gays because of our innate behaviour. Clearly the judiciary of both the Strasbourg and Hague Courts (European Court of Human Rights & EU Court of Justice) need to pay more than lip service to the notion of evolving law and legal consistency if they are not to undermine the very rule of law they claim to be upholding. Prompt action here against Poland's clear violations of their human rights obligations would be a good start, as would be more concerted action by the EU's Council of Ministers against the ugly, usually religiously instigated, rise of anti-Semitism in the former Eastern Europe (not to mention Putin's Russia)!

My other interests are social history, the Royal Navy, HMS Ganges (1866-1976), classical (particularly contemporary) music, poetry, photography and touring Europe and Scandinavia in particular by cruise ships (using the excellent & friendly Fred Olsen Lines). I also like good food, calvados, single estate cognacs (when I can get hold of them!!!) and malts and architecture. I love looking at modern examples of architecture and more traditional buildings as well.

My preference for men is of the bearded variety, and preferably matelots! ;D ;D ;D Yummy! :P

Feral:

--- Quote from: Jaix on Wed, Mar 29, 2006, 12:11 ---By the way GLR..nice rework of your site.  I've missed leaning over the fence to talk to you all!

--- End quote ---

Glad you like the new digs. :) You should lean over the fence more often.

Jaix:
Ninja,
You'll have to jog my memory....if you were the first LP of the old GLK, you wouldn't be Jon....are you Kyle? or was there someone before that?  If there had been an Imperial Palace, it would have needed revolving doors! ;D
I always thought it a novel idea to have a Lord Protector for the monarch.  Since most often it is the citizens who need protection from said monarch. ;U
By the way GLR..nice rework of your site.  I've missed leaning over the fence to talk to you all!

Peace,

Jaix
PM/GLCK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version