GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 7765 times)

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
Re: Introductions
« Reply #9 on: Mon, Apr 16, 2007, 20:46 »

Unfortunately, the only creature with any meaningfull amount of fur on this forum is this fellow, but he is a cyborg.  >:)

But Herr Karnickel is such a CUTE cyborg!
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #8 on: Mon, Apr 16, 2007, 07:55 »

Hello and welcome!

There are a number of issues on this forum which might relate to your special interest on religiously motivated hate speech (and possible liability of religious leaders for subsequent violence against gay people). The Penal Code with special attention to crimes against gay people is still to be set up...

I undertook an investigation in the notion of hate speech by Christians for my Criminology Diploma course at London University, though the word limit of 10,000 words prevented me including much more information and analysis of same. For anyone interested it is available on the link here (as a PDF file).

Yep, this was an interesting lecture. :) 

My preference for men is of the bearded variety, and preferably matelots! ;D ;D ;D Yummy! :P

Unfortunately, the only creature with any meaningfull amount of fur on this forum is this fellow, but he is a cyborg.  >:)
« Last Edit: Mon, Apr 16, 2007, 08:00 by Mogul »
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Nozzer

• Group member
« Reply #7 on: Sun, Apr 15, 2007, 17:53 »

Hello, I've just joined up and am awaiting the issue of my kit as part of joining routine ;D

I live in Kent, just outside London in the UK and have been interested in international aspects of gay rights for several years. I undertook an investigation in the notion of hate speech by Christians for my Criminology Diploma course at London University, though the word limit of 10,000 words prevented me including much more information and analysis of same. For anyone interested it is available on the link here (as a PDF file). I have a continued interest in hate crime, miscarriages of justice and jurisprudence, as well as a general interest in philosophy and topoi such as truth, reason, liberty and rights.

I am a member of Amnesty International and would describe myself as a liberal with strong libertarian beliefs including the right to free speech, freedom of religion (constrained only with regard to respecting the rights & freedoms of others - as set out in the rarely cited Article 9(2) of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, 1950. As this convention underpins rights in the EU, and subscription to it is a pre-condition of EU membership, it is unfortunate that the rights of those who have chosen to subscribe to a conservative religious ideology and corresponding (and usually highly selective) lifestyle are allowed to trump the rights of gays because of our innate behaviour. Clearly the judiciary of both the Strasbourg and Hague Courts (European Court of Human Rights & EU Court of Justice) need to pay more than lip service to the notion of evolving law and legal consistency if they are not to undermine the very rule of law they claim to be upholding. Prompt action here against Poland's clear violations of their human rights obligations would be a good start, as would be more concerted action by the EU's Council of Ministers against the ugly, usually religiously instigated, rise of anti-Semitism in the former Eastern Europe (not to mention Putin's Russia)!

My other interests are social history, the Royal Navy, HMS Ganges (1866-1976), classical (particularly contemporary) music, poetry, photography and touring Europe and Scandinavia in particular by cruise ships (using the excellent & friendly Fred Olsen Lines). I also like good food, calvados, single estate cognacs (when I can get hold of them!!!) and malts and architecture. I love looking at modern examples of architecture and more traditional buildings as well.

My preference for men is of the bearded variety, and preferably matelots! ;D ;D ;D Yummy! :P

Real matelots have fur!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Matt 7:12)

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Mar 29, 2006, 13:56 »

By the way GLR..nice rework of your site.  I've missed leaning over the fence to talk to you all!

Glad you like the new digs. :) You should lean over the fence more often.
Stonewall was a riot.

Jaix

• PrimeMini
  • Forum member
  • Time flies like an arrow,fruit flys like a banana!
« Reply #5 on: Wed, Mar 29, 2006, 12:11 »

Ninja,
You'll have to jog my memory....if you were the first LP of the old GLK, you wouldn't be Jon....are you Kyle? or was there someone before that?  If there had been an Imperial Palace, it would have needed revolving doors! ;D
I always thought it a novel idea to have a Lord Protector for the monarch.  Since most often it is the citizens who need protection from said monarch. ;U
By the way GLR..nice rework of your site.  I've missed leaning over the fence to talk to you all!

Peace,

Jaix
PM/GLCK

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: Wed, Feb 01, 2006, 22:36 »

The difference between "separate" and "separation" is a remarkably fine hair to split, but I suppose it is not so far from the difference between "nation" and "nationality."

In an essay by Robert Ware in "Rethinking Nationalism" [ISBN 0-919491-22-7] the author spends several pages in explaining [his definition for] the difference between the "nation" and "nationality". Generally, the definitions vary from author to author and while nationality seems to be rather a question of ethnic origine, "nation" has more to do with the actual identification of an individual with certain culture. E.g. a son of Indian immigrants in England could be rightfully contemplated as being of "Indian nationality", whereas he himselfe identifies with the British Nation.

Similarly, separatists aim a territorial secession of any particular landslip, whereas separationists suggest societal and institutional segregation on the shared territory. The "parallel aproach" of K6, which he very aptly has described as "two canoes in the same river" would probably fall into this category.

You see, Ron, not at all hairsplitting - just elaborately accurat!
 :R
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, Jan 15, 2006, 17:56 »

I am not an assimilationist; I am not a Separatist. I am not a Nationalist, per se. I have been called a Separationist and I wasn't inclined to punch the accuser, so maybe I'm that.

The difference between "separate" and "separation" is a remarkably fine hair to split, but I suppose it is not so far from the difference between "nation" and "nationality."
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jan 15, 2006, 15:30 »

K.T., I am glad to welcome you in our forum and hope you will feel at home!   :T

We know eachother for one year now - I was that Vicky from the GLK-Yahoo group who left the battle field as well... Oh yes, that first frantic commitment to the GLK in its first months was a great thing - I remember making plans of flying over to Australia and rising first homes and establishing the infrastructure. Not necessary to mention how foolish it was, as we know the truth about that "deadly serious" intentions of Dale - but in those days we were charmed by the idea. Actually, I do not regret those days - it was our great chance to get to know new people, learn much about ourselves and communicate our opinions into the world. Thanks to Dale and Bill, we all got the chance to meet eachother.

In my view this is the very goal of the gay nationalist movement - to bring our people together. Where it's required, we could separate from heteros even spatially (gay territorial entity is my personal dream) - but primarily it's about forming a community, isn't it?

Suggestions for new boards can be proceeded quickly by the admin next to you to keep the ways short.  =))

Ninja_monkey

• Forum member
  • Adversus solem ne loquitor
Introductions
« Reply #1 on: Sun, Jan 15, 2006, 11:55 »

Hi, new guy here. I looked around the board to see if there was a specific spot to introduce oneself and didn't find it-- not to say it wasn't there, just that I didn't find it. That being so, I thought perchance to post here. Maybe other newbies will choose to follow; maybe not.

Anyhow, some of you folks hereabouts know me-- or might vaguely remember me-- as the first Lord Protector of the GLK. I left the 'Imperial Service' quite some time back, when I realized that beating one's head against a wall was a poor hobby. The scars are healing nicely, and thanks for asking.

My apprehension of gay politics has--alas-- mostly formed itself around what I do not agree with. I leave it to each man here to decide what brief I do carry, if there be any recognizeable coherence found adhering thereto. I am not an assimilationist; I am not a Separatist. I am not a Nationalist, per se. I have been called a Separationist and I wasn't inclined to punch the accuser, so maybe I'm that.

In general politics, I tend toward what used to be American Centerism, but in the current US political climate would have to be called small 'l' liberalism.

So, that's me in 250 words or less. Glad to be aboard.
It's all about the thumpa thumpa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up