GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: gay homeland  (Read 36026 times)

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
Re: gay homeland
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 05:23 »

Well, Don, I agree with you. I am also even inclined to agree about making our homeland bar str8 people from being allowed to hold public office - why not? But this throws open the entire spectre of our being discriminatory and exclusionary, which we aim and strive not to be in basic concept... an interesting idea and worthy of debate! Anyone else? I think this is definitely something we should all discuss.  Should non-gays (friends and str8s) be allowed to hold public office (elected) in any future gay homeland? 

Also, just how inclusive should we be? Would we have a quota system as other countries have viz. foreign nationals, but one based on a limitation of no more than X% straight (non-gay) of the total population? It would appear useful, as, after all, if the place eventually becomes overrun with non-gays, it would all be in vain, no?
« Last Edit: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 05:26 by Vizier »
Having recently escaped the bowels of East Germany, I remain

VIZIER, your exalted yet most humble WebMaster

donClark

• Forum member
gay homeland
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 04:18 »

I honestly do think that we need a homeland.  Somewhere that we can go, to feel safe from harm, and safe from homophobia.  Somewhere that we can walk down the street holding hands with our partners, or friends.  Where we can marry the ones that we love, and where we can die without fear that our loved ones will be absent from our rooms.

We need to have a government that represents all gay people, that is for gay people.  A government that answers to the people only.  We need to have a government that has a mandate to do no harm to gay people, and all rights be given to the citizens no matter what their sexual orentation is.  Because I assume there will be heterosexual people living there as well.  Though in my view there shall be NO heterosexual people allowed into the goverment that is elected, it should be saved for gay people only

Don
« Last Edit: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 05:21 by Vizier »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up