GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay Republic Postal Service  (Read 17966 times)

K6

• Forum member
Re: Gay Republic Postal Service
« Reply #17 on: Fri, Apr 14, 2006, 06:28 »

Within the same trend of thinking embodied in the idea of postal stamps,the various gay separatist circles,groups or organizations - among others micronational ones - could design their own passport control stamps with corresponding logos.They would use it for example with outside visitors
who require it as collectors.That would make somewhat official on an international level.

K6

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Fri, Apr 14, 2006, 04:47 »

Those with an interest in stamps which feature prominent gays, lesbians, or bisexuals might be interested in some of the existing stamps of that type. Some of the stamps in the collection portray the same theme as the Gay Homeland Foundation's logo.
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #15 on: Sat, Apr 01, 2006, 01:01 »

Folks, we have so far designed our first official stamps:

The stamps will be delivered from 22 April 2006, but you might pre-order already now. We do not earn much on these stamps, but the pleasure to stick them to the letters is reward enough!

Those who like some rare stamps, can order also the remaining pre-prints of this stamp:

We have some blocks á 15 stamps and if you wish you can request some of them as well (info@gayhomeland.org).
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #14 on: Wed, Mar 01, 2006, 20:37 »

A collection of stamps on Dag Hammarskjöld can be seen here: http://www.norbyhus.dk/dh/dagh.html.

Any tips for his biography? I could not find anything about him being homosexual, besides that he is listed in Mr. Hennefeld's gay stamps catalogue.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #13 on: Wed, Mar 01, 2006, 20:33 »

There is obviously also a Gay and Lesbian History on Stamps Club (GLHSC) existing!  :!!

There is also a booklet about gays, lesbians and bisexuals on stamps:

"The collection portrays prominent persons, gay, lesbian or bisexual, who have either been honored on postage stamps or other philatelic material. The spectrum of this collection additionally incorporates gay aspects of mythology, and persons who showed inclination toward gayness, either actively or platonically. A gay stamps bibliography is included. A detailed database linking each reference to each individual in the collection is available from the author."

The website of the autor (Louis Paul Hennefeld) can be accessed here.

K6

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: Sat, Feb 25, 2006, 10:13 »

Which one shall we print, with or without the pink bar?

I prefer the one with the pink bar.

K6

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #11 on: Sat, Feb 25, 2006, 07:19 »

Which one shall we print, with or without the pink bar?

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #10 on: Mon, Feb 06, 2006, 02:21 »

What about this Narcissus by John William Waterhouse?

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Sat, Feb 04, 2006, 03:21 »

In order to maintain the basic subject of this Topic, I have split off the last several posts into a topic of their own in the Open Forum.

Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #8 on: Wed, Feb 01, 2006, 22:47 »

The third drawing from the left hand side would make a splendid propaganda poster.We could title it "Transition at the helm of the State - Our
country is in the hands of a fine new generation".

Indeed, this would be a good piece of propaganda. Alternatively: "Seduction of the innocent youth". =)) Generally, the monumental art of the Soviet Aera had as well certain positive traits, we should learn from them in this respect. I remember that as a child I had a set of some 20 postcards with portraits and short biographies of youthfull heroes and was very fond of them.

K6

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: Tue, Jan 31, 2006, 18:32 »

Pierre Joubert

The third drawing from the left hand side would make a splendid propaganda poster.We could title it "Transition at the helm of the State - Our
country is in the hands of a fine new generation".

K6

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: Tue, Jan 31, 2006, 17:48 »

Pierre Joubert

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Jan 31, 2006, 02:57 »

K.T., thank you much for the information!  =D> The works of Joe Phillips are usually easy to recognize, but this particular picture was a puzzle for me. Well, then we should usk Joe for a licence.

The other suggestions sound nice as well, here the pics I have found on these people:

Karl Heinrich Ulrichs; Harvey Milk
Fanny Ann Eddy; Pierre Seel
Harry Hay; Larry Kramer
Oscar Wilde; Lytton Strachey
E. M. Forster; Yukio Mishima
Edmund White; Rainer Werner Fassbinder
Pierre Paolo Pasolini
Dag Hammarskjöld; John Maynard Keynes

The last 2 gentlemen were not openly gay, I suppose? I have found some indices that Mr. Keynes was homosexual in his youth, but no further informations for Mr. Hammarskjöld. Can you help me out with a link? Thanks a lot!

Ninja_monkey

• Forum member
  • Adversus solem ne loquitor
« Reply #4 on: Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 15:28 »

Actually, the last pic appeared in various magazines. Does anybody know who is the artist / copyright holder?

It's Joe Phillips

I'd further suggest a few literary figures like Oscar Wilde. Lytton Strachey, EM Forster, Yukio Mishima, and Edmund White. Also, US political figure Larry Kramer, concentration camp survivor Pierre Seele, murdered Lesbian activist Fannyann Eddy, Mattachine Society founder Harry Hay, film directors Ranier Werner Fassbinder and Pier Paolo Passolini, UN General Secy. Dag Hammerskjold, and economist John Maynard Keynes.
It's all about the thumpa thumpa.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 01:45 »

An internet search for images under "Pierre Joubert" could in certain cases yield the most beautifull young men for characters in gay postal
stamps or propaganda posters.To my knowledge,Pierre Joubert died in 2002.He was a french artist,specializing in drawings for covers of adventure novels for the youth.

Indeed some nice drawings. Mr. Joubert was very fond of scouts, I guess? ;D

Interestingly, some stamps with scouts (motives: Norman Rockwell) were apparently issued in Liberia in the seventies (if one should believe to a scouts website):

Looks a bit too close to BL, but was nevertheless interesting enough for research reasons.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up