General Forum > Archives etc.

Forum operational!

(1/2) > >>

Vizier:
Slowing down not a problem here - have to work a lot in the next few days to get ready for more work  :o

Can someone help you? Guenter?

Mogul:
Yep, well said, Peter... But slow down, honey ;) before anyone can formally join we need the by laws first be finished. But yea, we are working on them and will have them ready soon.  ;D

Vizier:
Hello all - I will keep working on all the areas.  I will also fix it so Avatars may be uploaded by all. Mogul is right in asserting that this is not a serious safety concern. And if someone posts a picture of a dick, (watch what happens when I type that word) or two people fucking (look!) or someone sucking or something similiar, such as maybe an asshole (oops! ;D ) then those of us moderating can always delete it... 

I hope the language options are working as designed. Our wonderful pHp guru (also a member in the wings) is telling me we have language packs for I believe some 16 or 19 languages loaded.  Once the actual founding of the e.V. takes place (see the main website at www.gayrepublic.org for details), and we are up and actively engaged in our first full membership drive, this will come in very handy.

I think it's a good idea to remind people that this forum will be the voice of the GLR, and that we will undoubtedly experience a surge in members from "3rd world" and other nations where being us is strictly forbidden or cannot be practised without fear of repercussions, one's livelihood and worse. 

Finally (boy, I am speechy tonight! See what not being able to get to your computer for a few days does!?  ;D ) we need to again remind everyone here to go to the website (link above), download the Membership App and send it in. No money needed right now. The sooner we have the "Full 7" (or in German, die glorreichen Sieben), the sooner we can make the organization and (thus) this Forum really take off, hum and be a super active "hub o' blab" and exchange.

For those of you with linguistic talents in all languages other than German or English relating to vulgarities, obscenities and pejorative slang, please send me lists of naughty words with their repsective translations so I can add them to the "fooeycatcher" mechanism.  After all, while censorship is definitely not the goal, neither is allowing this place into a feast or frenzy of name-calling. We'd like to keep it civil, warm, friendly and above-all, fair to everyone. After all, isn't that what we're all about and for?  Also, bear in mind that after the official founding, etc. takes place and we start getting those members from other countries, many of them may be "under age" and won't really benefit from exposure to vulgarity and nastiness! We want to help people like us, join our cause and feel welcome, not exchange barbs or be snide or hurt feelings, 'k? 'Nuff said! (Not preaching here, I do it too!  :o )

Will be consulting with our pHp guru on adding realtime chat, as well as possibly a blog feature for those of you so inclined. Any other features anyone desperately wants, needs, must have, will die without???

For now,

Your (humble) WebMaster,

Vizier

Mark:
finally a place where there is something going on. i've been following the happenings at the various yahoo groups or rather the lack of anything happening  ;)

donClark:
great place guys, well done

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version