GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum operational!  (Read 7678 times)

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
Re: Forum operational!
« Reply #9 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 15:42 »

Slowing down not a problem here - have to work a lot in the next few days to get ready for more work  :o

Can someone help you? Guenter?
Having recently escaped the bowels of East Germany, I remain

VIZIER, your exalted yet most humble WebMaster

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #8 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 09:18 »

Yep, well said, Peter... But slow down, honey ;) before anyone can formally join we need the by laws first be finished. But yea, we are working on them and will have them ready soon.  ;D
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
« Reply #7 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 03:49 »

Hello all - I will keep working on all the areas.  I will also fix it so Avatars may be uploaded by all. Mogul is right in asserting that this is not a serious safety concern. And if someone posts a picture of a dick, (watch what happens when I type that word) or two people fucking (look!) or someone sucking or something similiar, such as maybe an asshole (oops! ;D ) then those of us moderating can always delete it... 

I hope the language options are working as designed. Our wonderful pHp guru (also a member in the wings) is telling me we have language packs for I believe some 16 or 19 languages loaded.  Once the actual founding of the e.V. takes place (see the main website at www.gayrepublic.org for details), and we are up and actively engaged in our first full membership drive, this will come in very handy.

I think it's a good idea to remind people that this forum will be the voice of the GLR, and that we will undoubtedly experience a surge in members from "3rd world" and other nations where being us is strictly forbidden or cannot be practised without fear of repercussions, one's livelihood and worse. 

Finally (boy, I am speechy tonight! See what not being able to get to your computer for a few days does!?  ;D ) we need to again remind everyone here to go to the website (link above), download the Membership App and send it in. No money needed right now. The sooner we have the "Full 7" (or in German, die glorreichen Sieben), the sooner we can make the organization and (thus) this Forum really take off, hum and be a super active "hub o' blab" and exchange.

For those of you with linguistic talents in all languages other than German or English relating to vulgarities, obscenities and pejorative slang, please send me lists of naughty words with their repsective translations so I can add them to the "fooeycatcher" mechanism.  After all, while censorship is definitely not the goal, neither is allowing this place into a feast or frenzy of name-calling. We'd like to keep it civil, warm, friendly and above-all, fair to everyone. After all, isn't that what we're all about and for?  Also, bear in mind that after the official founding, etc. takes place and we start getting those members from other countries, many of them may be "under age" and won't really benefit from exposure to vulgarity and nastiness! We want to help people like us, join our cause and feel welcome, not exchange barbs or be snide or hurt feelings, 'k? 'Nuff said! (Not preaching here, I do it too!  :o )

Will be consulting with our pHp guru on adding realtime chat, as well as possibly a blog feature for those of you so inclined. Any other features anyone desperately wants, needs, must have, will die without???

For now,

Your (humble) WebMaster,

Vizier

Mark

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: Mon, Apr 25, 2005, 17:28 »

finally a place where there is something going on. i've been following the happenings at the various yahoo groups or rather the lack of anything happening  ;)

donClark

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: Sun, Apr 24, 2005, 22:34 »

great place guys, well done

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: Sat, Apr 23, 2005, 07:38 »

Yeah, being an administrator is GREAT! ;D Still I am not able to upload an avatar... I mean, I check the box "I will upload my own pic", choose the pic on my PC and then press the "save"-button. AND THIS DOES NOT  FUNCTION!!!! >:(

Uploading your own avatar is currently allowed[/b], however the function has been restricted to moderators, administrators, exec secretaries, senior and hero member statuses.

Why not allow newbies and others to post their avatars? Come on, THIS is not a safety-related matter!  ;D ;D ;D
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
« Reply #3 on: Sat, Apr 23, 2005, 00:17 »

Hi. I have removed some of the non-functional buttons that were displaying incorrectly. Also, I will post some instructions on avatars, etc., profiles shortly.  Uploading your own avatar is currently allowed, however the function has been restricted to moderators, administrators, exec secretaries, senior and hero member statuses. I am also trying to figure out if being "newbies" (a status I do not seem to be able to dump yet) affects all of us who are administrators, etc.

I do know that right now, you Gunnar and I can edit our profiles more easily when logged in as Administrators - the menu appears on the top of the page - click on the profile button for profile functions (ganz oben links, Puenktchen und Knoepfchen) and Calendar, etc.

The calendar is currently configured so as to allow any full member or above to post their own event(s) within certain limits.

I hope this helps clarify a few things!

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Apr 22, 2005, 18:32 »

Wonderfull! The forum functions and we are able to communicate here.

Some questions I still do have: how can I change my settings related to the sex, age, location, avatar etc, etc?

Thank you much!  :)

Peter, you have now some more credit points on the way to your PhD now! ;D  ;D  ;D

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
Forum operational!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Apr 22, 2005, 00:53 »

WELCOME to the new GLR Forum!

We welcome you to our new home on the web. Through this window to the world, we hope to achieve our goal - the establishment of a Free Gay & Lesbian Republic which will welcome all!

GLR Forum Management

Pages: [1]   Go Up