GLR News and Information > Geography, Economy & GLR Politics

Land Ideas (new and old)

(1/15) > >>

Mogul:

--- Quote from: Louis Parsons on Mon, Oct 25, 2010, 02:25 ---Liberia?  Really?  Is that really a country some of you think you should model yourselves on?
--- End quote ---

In terms of acquiring a souvereign territory - yes. In terms of shaping a society - no.

Louis Parsons:
Liberia?  Really?  Is that really a country some of you think you should model yourselves on?

joe90:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Sun, Oct 10, 2010, 14:19 ---Africa is big, and there are several regions with moderate climatic conditions (mountains, sea shore). The political situation is, of course, more hostile to Gays than in Europe or Canada. But politics change (for better or worse). Not to forget, Europeans were the ones who imported both the Bible and the homophobia to Africa.

--- End quote ---

Yes I get your point about the space.... but no way!  Except maybe South Africa which scores highly on gay rights etc...  Plus there is a gay culture there among the cape couloured people. 

We certainly imported the bible but I'm not so sure about the homophobia? 

Mogul:
Africa is big, and there are several regions with moderate climatic conditions (mountains, sea shore). The political situation is, of course, more hostile to Gays than in Europe or Canada. But politics change (for better or worse). Not to forget, Europeans were the ones who imported both the Bible and the homophobia to Africa.

joe90:

--- Quote from: ex-kenyan on Wed, Sep 22, 2010, 10:06 ---Why not go through the UN processes - The Liberia and Israel examples come in handy. I also think we look for places without "extreme" temperatures. Negotiating with an African State on the basis of semi-autonomy would be quite appealing.

--- End quote ---

I very much agree about the extreme temperatures!  The whole point of the project would be to improve the quality of peoples lives!!

Going through the UN processes is a little naive, I have to say.  It would never be taken seriously in a million years...

Also I am going nowhere, NOWHERE! Near Africa... It would be a massacre for sure!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version