General Forum > Gay Culture

Propaganda theme for a poster

<< < (2/4) > >>

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Sat, Apr 22, 2006, 06:17 ---I have sent Niklas a careful request for some propaganda drawings for us, if he shall occasionally have something suitable. I hope he will find our ideas interesting enough to be supportive in some way - you know that gay separatism is not a very popular idea (so far). However, it would be extremely fine if Niklas would have some expressive motives for us.

--- End quote ---

That artist is,as far as I know,capable of producing excellent propaganda posters should he agree with our ideas and themes.He is very perceptive
and able to invent and suggess themes of his own which could interest us.

Separatism is like a campfire.It may be somewhat difficult and lengtly to light up among gays,as should be among any human community which has not yet developped a national identity.Once light up,however,we could face a different problem,the one of controling and channeling into rational courses of actions the eventually passionnate reactions of gay individuals.Separatism could become to gays what cat nip is to cats.

I am familiar with nationalism in its intense forms,for having observed and studied it among certain heterosexual communities and be contaminated myself by it.Gays are not immune to the phenomenon,and could equal or even outdo the models provided to them by heterosexual societies.

K6

Mogul:

--- Quote from: K6 on Sat, Apr 22, 2006, 00:55 ---Have you contacted yet that Niklas Edlund ? The gay micronation I am representing in alt.politics.micronations is putting a considerable amound of pressure upon me to find some gay artist who could translate into vivid images a suitable propaganda orientated towards the idea of gay self-determination and aiming at the gay youth.
--- End quote ---

I have sent Niklas a careful request for some propaganda drawings for us, if he shall occasionally have something suitable. I hope he will find our ideas interesting enough to be supportive in some way - you know that gay separatism is not a very popular idea (so far). However, it would be extremely fine if Niclas would have some expressive motives for us.

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Thu, Apr 13, 2006, 02:17 ---The artist you have in mind is working under a pseudonym "Niklas Edlund" and his works can be seen here. A nice style of drawing, good suitable for the youngsters, I think. :)

I'll try to contact the author, though we must not forget that gay nationalism is still not a very popular idea. But who knows?

--- End quote ---

Have you contacted yet that Niklas Edlund ? The gay micronation I am representing in alt.politics.micronations is putting a considerable amound of pressure upon me to find some gay artist who could translate into vivid images a suitable propaganda orientated towards the idea of gay self-determination and aiming at the gay youth.

K6

K6:

--- Quote from: Feral on Thu, Apr 13, 2006, 20:09 ---
The role of the military in the function of the state is a controversial topic -- there are many arguments to be made in favor of eschewing such practices. It is a worthy debate for the Politics Forum, should anyone wish to discuss it.

--- End quote ---

I have studied diplomatic and military history for the last 35 years.The armed conflict I know best is WWII,especially the part that has to do with the operations on the Russian front.My favourite series of battles is the one of Operation Bagration (Byelorussia,june to august 1944).I am always interested in a discussion about geopolitics.Even better if we can make the connection with a future gay State,its alliances and diplomacy.

K6

Feral:

--- Quote from: Jaix on Thu, Apr 13, 2006, 09:10 ---
I hope your idea of "Gay armed forces" was tongue-in-cheek!

--- End quote ---

At this point in time, any reference to gay military forces would, of course, be a purely rhetorical device.

Armed forces are a customary part of the apparatus of the state, however. International law is largely founded upon the threat of armed conflict. Indeed, the current definition of territorial sovereignty requires military control of the territory in question. Without this control, no state is likely to acknowledge a people's sovereignty, no matter how remote the physical location might be.

The role of the military in the function of the state is a controversial topic -- there are many arguments to be made in favor of eschewing such practices. It is a worthy debate for the Politics Forum, should anyone wish to discuss it. Otherwise, this particular topic concerns propaganda imagery, imagery not unlike this cover of the recent edition of Philadelphia Weekly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version