Forum Info > Introductions

A little word or two about me...

(1/2) > >>

berto:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Thu, Apr 13, 2006, 01:08 ---Enjoy posting here, and tell a friend about us.  :Q
--- End quote ---

I'm still having some "techie" issues that I'm talking with Fer about, but I've been talking up the GLR at a couple of other forums, so hopefully it will bring more people here.

Mogul:
Hello Berto,

I am happy that we have won you for our forum! We have made certain efforts to create boards suitable for discussions on various LGBT-related issues (or some other topics of interest). Our high-flying plans see this forum as a cozy place for gay and lesbian posters, them being "gay republicans" or not (yet). :P Therefore, any topic of LGBT life is of interest. However, our community is very small so far, and some of us (at least me and K6) sometimes unconsciously drive away a little bit to our favorite issue: "In the gay state, it will be like ...".  ;D

Hope Kyle will be also tickled to post here more often - his contributions are very insightfull, and his slight irony tempers the heated debates to the civilized level again. I'm sure that Feral will make short process with the homophobes, shall they ever appear in this forum - but to date we only had troubles caused by controversies within the "family". It is sometimes difficult to judge over a particular controversal post (free speech vs  moderate insults), but in doubt we can shift a contribution to archives.

Enjoy posting here, and tell a friend about us.  :Q

Jaix:
Bert!

Nice to make your acquaintance!
This is a more sedate group....not too much controversy, but lots of ideas!  That is why I come here, to mine the ideas and listen to Feral and Vicky =D>
You have more stamina than I do for all the rabble rousing.  I would have left those forums long ago.  Endlessly churing conversations with the right wing nut cases aren't my cup o' tea.
We don't live that far apart.  I live in Idaho, yes the Fundamentalist center of the world, but no one has burned a cross on my lawn yet.  You might call me a "neo-hippie", as I am in my thirties and missed most of the scene.
I am of Dutch/South Afrikaaner extraction, liberal, "Greenie".  I live in a nice, but way too big for one, house.  About midway between the two places I work.  The university and hospital locally.
I am currently rebuilding a very old house in New Orleans, that I just recently bought.  Lots of work!
When I get any time I prod, arbitrate, conjole  :Y, and plan with my collegues in the Commonwealth Kingdom to find us a bit of mud to call our own.
Again nice ta meet ya!

Jaix
PM/GLCK

Feral:
By the by, in case it somehow slipped by you, in the grand old tradition of strikes a  Babble Strike Forum has been created. Time will tell how it fares. Since they are using software similar to this forum, I think babblers will, in general, be well pleased with their new home.

Not that I want you to go away.

Never that.

Don't register there, 'Berto.

Edited to add:

While it is still early, I note that the strike babble has the same regard for GLBT issues that rabble babble has--something that more closely resembles contempt than anything ordinarily aligned to progressives. Hey...maybe it's just an oversight. Wait...is it ever an oversight?

Feral:
Glad to have you, 'Berto.

It is my hope that you will find nothing even vaguely resembling the trolling that used to take place on 365. Homophobic slurs and anti-gay preaching (from any religion) are not acceptable forms of speech in this forum.

OH--and there's a jokes thread running in the External Members Forum External Members Forum 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version