GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 365 Forum  (Read 8826 times)

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: 365 Forum
« Reply #12 on: Fri, Jun 09, 2006, 20:06 »

Apparently, certain consolidation is taking place in the US-based LGBT-media business: 365gay.com goes on LOGO:

"(New York City) 365Gay.com has been purchased by Logo, the LGBT television network owned by Viacom's MTV Networks unit.
It was one of three major Web acquisitions announced by Logo.  The network also purchased afterellen.com and afterelton.com, both owned by Erosion Media.
"Bringing relevant brands and creative voices like these into our company is at the heart of our digital strategy," said Judy McGrath, Chairman and CEO, MTV Networks.  "I'm very happy to have them join our family as we continue to expand our online universe of music, gaming, entertainment, interactivity and news."
365Gay.com is the nation's most read LGBT news while afterellen.com and afterelton.com are two of the country’s leading LGBT entertainment sites.
The purchases position Logo to be America's largest internet provider of LGBT information on the internet."

Obviously, there is some money on the market.  ;D
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Thu, May 18, 2006, 23:26 »

I have filched several posts from this thread and split them off into a new topic. Thread-drift is lovely: it leads to ever more conversations. New topics are good.

Feel free to continue to discuss the forum at 365 and its demise here.
Stonewall was a riot.

berto

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: Thu, May 18, 2006, 05:11 »

Believe me, Fer, if I had a better computer, and high-speed access, I would LOVE to do it.

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Thu, May 18, 2006, 03:46 »

Or fact-checking -- now there's a novel idea.

Though to be fair, 365 does a halfway decent job, considering they only have a tad more to work with than Philo had (back in the day). Of course, while QueerDay always managed a bit more with a lot less, QueerDay had Philo. 365's coverage of the news, while lacking in many respects, is still far superior to some other "news" outlets out there.

I was half-serious when I suggested Berto start up a gay news service. 365 does a passable (but improvable) job at quantity. While there are a few gems out there on the 'quality' side of the equation, they are rare enough that there is a clear need for a comprehensive gay news outlet.

(And when I say that there is a need, I mean that I suspect such a venture would eventually prove profitable.)
Stonewall was a riot.

archbishop

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: Wed, May 17, 2006, 22:31 »

LOL

I shall look.

As I recall, I found little but suspicions before.

Maligning them will accomplish little, however. If revenge is what you truly want, gather some talent and expertise and crank up a gay news service that's actually worth reading. Shouldn't be too dreadfully difficult.

Maybe a new news service could even proof read their stuff before posting on the net too! Wouldn't that be a nice change??

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Wed, May 17, 2006, 09:56 »

God I hate all those smileys jumping around up there above the box where I'm writing this. I hope there's some way to hide them. But anyway, it's a relief to get away from that stone age forum software at 365gay.

There is indeed a way to hide them. Open your profile and select "Look and Layout Preferences" from the Modify Profile menu on the left side of the page. Near the top of the resulting screen, find "Current Smiley Set" and change the selection in the pull-down menu to "No Smileys."

**POOF**

No more smileys jumping around up there.

I'm glad you guys stopped in. If you're ever hard up for a 365 'news' story, the 365 feed is currently running on the forum's front page. Of course, nobody here cares about being "scooped," so feel free to use just about any source you care to.
Stonewall was a riot.

pogovio

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: Wed, May 17, 2006, 09:17 »

hello folks - my first message here. Is the 365gay forum already shut down permanently do you think? That's really scummy if they shut it down now after telling us it would be shut down at the end of the month. When they told us that, people quit working so hard to find an alternative site right away where we could try to relocate.

God I hate all those smileys jumping around up there above the box where I'm writing this. I hope there's some way to hide them. But anyway, it's a relief to get away from that stone age forum software at 365gay.

pogovio

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wed, May 17, 2006, 03:51 »

LOL

I shall look.

As I recall, I found little but suspicions before.

Maligning them will accomplish little, however. If revenge is what you truly want, gather some talent and expertise and crank up a gay news service that's actually worth reading. Shouldn't be too dreadfully difficult.
Stonewall was a riot.

berto

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: Wed, May 17, 2006, 03:43 »

Well, looks like the 365 forums are officially dead. Hey Fer, can you come up with that info you had that showed that site is tied to the Republicans? I'd like to spend some time on Gay.com forums and a few others maligning those lazy mofos at 365...

archbishop

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: Tue, May 16, 2006, 07:59 »

G'day mate!      :=V

berto

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: Tue, May 16, 2006, 04:26 »

Eye is already registered. :)

Feral

• Administrator
365 Forum
« Reply #1 on: Sun, May 14, 2006, 14:46 »

Sadly, the forum at 365gay.com is being closed down. Former members of that forum are, of course, welcome to register here and post on any topic of interest to the gay people. Our front page does carry the 365gay.com Newsbox, should people wish to discuss the news stories carried on that site.

Unlike the forum at 365gay.com, this message board has various areas. The General Forum, the Multilingual Forum, and the Coral Sea Café are open to all. The GLR News and Information forum is dedicated to the activities of the Gay Homeland Foundation--the public is welcome to comment and add their suggestions to it, but we ask that more general topics be confined to the other forums.

« Last Edit: Sun, May 14, 2006, 14:58 by Feral »
Stonewall was a riot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up