General Forum > Gay Culture

Gay Language

(1/3) > >>

Sage:
Is anyone still around who speaks Polari?

Frozen19:
I have come across the ideal language for our needs. It is called  Sona. One of the things that impressed me about it was that it pulled from most of the major languages  (not just European ones).  Not to mention its structure is setup in a way that is simple to follow and allows for the easy creation of new words. It just so happens that its creator was also gay. 
da mie bi en. (lets use it)     :=V

Mogul:

--- Quote from: Evgueni Debacker on Thu, Jul 10, 2008, 17:03 ---It would be some people, anyway, who [..] would decline English by political reasons and by stating that this international language will only make problem with immigration since the State would be purpose for unwanted immigrants one day... so Dutch - Nederlands taal - would be great. It's easier than English, French or German, not as much spoken as Chinese or Spanish so won't attract unneeded immigration [..]
--- End quote ---

Ah! But we expressly wish to encourage immigration by Gay people to the said landslip, don't we? Much can be argued for English exactly for this reason that it would make life for many "skilled migrants" easier. Those without sufficient English knowledge would be clearly put at an unfair disadvantage in the social life, though. For the sake of social cohesion, a language like IDO or Esperanto would be usefull, I think -- all new citizens would start at equal basis.

Evgueni Debacker:
Anyway, Ido is worse than Esperanto.

Esperanto is more international, Ido - more - European.
Esperanto - one sound - one letter - always. In Ido - mostly.
Esperanto does have more international dictionary, while Ido - more European. Ido is easier for Europeans, but more difficult for others... like Chinese people.

We should maybe try 4 languages like Switzerland?

1) English. No comments! Anyone people would speak English, no way to avoid this, even if we will try to prohibit.
2) Gay language. Not sure if real need... but great idea, let it be, even though I will never study it. (But - you never know!)
3) Esperanto. Simply the best language. I don't know any better one, really. Good thing that "bisexuality" in this language is not "bi", but... well, there is a word meaning that gender is irrelevant rather than both genders are involved. So it will help - even though not as much as gay language... for now gay language is only an idea.
4) It would be some people, anyway, who wouldn't accept any planned languages (Gay, Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua etc), but would decline English by political reasons and by stating that this international language will only make problem with immigration since the State would be purpose for unwanted immigrants one day... so Dutch - Nederlands taal - would be great. It's easier than English, French or German, not as much spoken as Chinese or Spanish so won't attract unneeded immigration, and you know what the Netherlands gaven at 2001 by allowing gender-nautral marriage.

But main one should be Esperanto in my opinion.

Frozen19:
For a while now I have been working on an artificial language. Recenty I have finished most parts of the grammer system however the actual words lack meaning.  It was said by another that we lack words of our own and what better a chance than now to create them.  I will be attempting to create a place on  the web devoted to its developement so until then please PM me if you are interested.  Just think of what effects this will have on gay nationality.   :=V

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version