GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: your thoughts on China  (Read 2462 times)

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: your thoughts on China
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Apr 25, 2005, 13:03 »

Well, the fact that Chinese were brutal to Tibetans and to other chinese during the "Culture Revolution" does not make harmless the actions of german Nazis or japanese military during the WWII. Wherever in this world people are cruel to eachother, their deeds stay carved into the history of mankind. More or less every nation has a bloody spot in its past and it is very likely that during the next centuries some more spots will be added. Remember what Americans did to the indians, what Spanish did to the Azteks and what Turkish did to the Armenians, the list can be continued untill what is happening in our time in Africa. :-[

You cannot say "Chinese are worse then the Japanese and Germans put toegether" because the nationality alone does not say anything of persons responsibility for that deeds. However, the nation can only be proud of its current social successes rightfully, if it takes responsibility for the past. The Germans recognized their past, the Japanese did this, unfortunately, only to a very limited scape. American Government NEVER recognized its responsibility for the mass killing in Vietnam. Therefore I think it is natural right of the Chinese to protest against Japans policy of "forgetting" its past, but it is also our duty to remember the outrageous deeds of chinese military in Tibet.

The Dalai Lama is certainly a nice guy.  ;)

Vicky
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

donClark

• Forum member
your thoughts on China
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Apr 25, 2005, 03:59 »

Hey guys I would like your thoughts on China and it hyprocisy.  This is really not a GLBT issue but it is very important to me.

CHina is demanding that Japan take responisbilty for its actions during WWII, they say they are whitewashing there whole past, and that Japan is not taking its past and what they did to the chinese people,

But I think that China is bieng Hypoctiical, I mean look at what they have done to the Tebetan people they have killed milions of them, forced others into exhile, They have kidnaped Children parcticulary the Phancen Lhama ten years ago and no one has heard from him since them, China is very aggresive towards thier "ONE CHINA COuntry" policy, they are worse then the Japanese and Gemans put toegether, 

as you all Know I am a tibeaten Bhuddhists, I have personally Met the dhalai Lhama Four times and he is a great Kind man,  he may not believe that gays should marry but he is a kind genourous man full of compassion, he believes that all people should be happy and I agree with him, what do you guys think?

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up