GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Gay State" by Garrett Graham  (Read 9630 times)

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: "Gay State" by Garrett Graham
« Reply #12 on: Sun, May 23, 2010, 14:20 »

Apparently, the book can be ordered now:

The Gay State
The Quest for an Independent Gay Nation-State and What it Means to Conservatives and the World’s Religions

By Garrett Graham
Publisher: iUniverse (May 4, 2010)
Pages: 284
Size: 6x9
ISBN: 978-1450209946 (hardcover, USD 30.95)
ISBN: 978-1450209922 (softcover, USD 20.95)

Sources:

http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?Book=189915
http://www.amazon.com/Gay-State-Independent-Nation-State-Conservatives/dp/1450209947 (hardcover)
http://www.amazon.com/Gay-State-Independent-Nation-State-Conservatives/dp/1450209920 (softcover)

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Leoroc

« Reply #11 on: Thu, May 13, 2010, 01:37 »

I can make this event and will start planning to.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #10 on: Tue, May 04, 2010, 14:08 »

Here, the latest news. Is anybody on the list able to attend the event in NY City?

“The Gay State” To Launch From New York City,

FREEDOM  Commences on May 21st;

Book is Gay Manifesto for Independence and Gay Nationalism Calling for Politically Autonomous Gay Homeland.

April 28, 2010

(New York) – The highly anticipated launch of “The Gay State:  The Quest for an Independent Gay Nation-State and what It Means to Conservatives and the World’s Religions” is scheduled for May 21, 2010 in New York City.  According to Dottie Shapiro, agent for author Garrett Graham, “This book has been a rally cry for Gay people around the world who are yearning for peace, freedom, liberty and above all, equality – and a lightning rod for those who oppose their advances.  And in keeping with his pride in the Gay community,  Garrett (Graham) has agreed to hold the launch reception at the Leslie/Lohman Gay Arts Foundation.”  The general public is invited to attend the exclusive Friday evening event and will take place beginning at 6:30 pm and will conclude by 8:30pm.  The address is 26 Wooster Street, New York.  It is one block north of Canal Street and two blocks east of 6th Avenue.  RSVP’s will be taken by phone after May 15th to ensure admittance.  The number to call to RSVP is 347-949-3747.   Due to the adult nature of the topic, all attendees must be 18 years of age or older.

According to Graham, “We’ve been invited to hold our launch at a number of prestigious venues, but in the end, the Leslie/Lohman Gallery has such an astounding record of accomplishment for standing up to support the Gay community and allow for an expression often shunned or marginalized in the mainstream art world.  For us, it was an easy decision – as humbled and gratified as we were to be invited by The National Press Club in Washington, DC, The Yale Club, among others, we felt an allegiance to the good people at Leslie/Lohman for their astonishing work and their courage.”  According to Shapiro, “it will be an evening filled with amazing Gay art, books and discussion, all the while imbibing in spirits and meeting the leaders and thinkers of the Gay community.”

“The Gay State” is Graham’s continued galvanizing of the global Gay community.  The Gay independence movement which has been gaining momentum around the world, has formed the international F.I.G.S. Party – for friends and supporters of a “Free, Independent Gay State.”  Graham’s hypothesis is that Gay people everywhere are a people – one people – with a distinct culture, traditions and ideals and deserve a politically autonomous territory, free from the ongoing oppression and persecution of the “non-Gay” majority.  In the book, Graham outlines 3,000 years of a “kaleidoscope of horrors” as he puts it.  He also details some of the atrocities up to today, when he claims 95% percent of the nations still discriminate against Gays at the very least, and root them out for extermination at the worst.  “There remain at least 80 nations that have outlawed our very existence,” the author and international Gay activist explains. Graham’s “The Gay State” covers the socio-political solution to the ongoing tensions that exist between the Gay community and the “so-called” conservatives and the religious.

Graham added, “Millions of my people have had their lives destroyed and to what end?  Enough! As Bishop Desmond Tutu has said in defense of oppressed people everywhere, ‘I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master.  I want the full menu of rights.’”  With Graham’s book, more people around the world will open their eyes to what the world could be, an alternative to what it is.

For more information, go to the website: www.thegaystate.eu.   Books can be pre-ordered and reserved by calling 347-949-3747.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Fri, Apr 09, 2010, 11:49 »

They have an interesting take on the art of crafting press releases.

I have to confess I've grown more interested in their forthcoming publication over time rather than less. What I've read from them does follow Dr. Herzl quite closely. They mention, for example, a "Society of Gays." If this term (which is awkward at best and makes little sense in English) is a direct analog of Herzl's "Society of Jews" (which makes a great deal of sense in the original German, along with a number of European languages) then they propose to create something interesting indeed.
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #8 on: Thu, Apr 08, 2010, 20:49 »

A couple of things look 'slightly exaggerated', but... Any effort to our common goal is welcome. Hopefully, a little bit more will come out of this than a copy-paste version of Dr. Herzl's thesis.

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, Apr 08, 2010, 04:02 »

I can't say that I have anything substantial or productive to say about them. In principle, I hope they succeed or at least produce something of value for the Gay people.
Stonewall was a riot.

Leoroc

« Reply #6 on: Thu, Apr 08, 2010, 01:50 »

Has anyone here looked into this FIGS group connected to the book? Looks pretty interesting and strong but I haven't heard of it until today. Looks to be actively updated but for all I know it could be pretty small.

Personally I'm not ready to ally myself to any group attempting to found a gay state as I have my own plan and vision I am trying to implement and want to see how it pans out.

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mon, Feb 08, 2010, 05:12 »

For those into comparative text analysis, the following text might be interesting as well: The Jewish State by Dr. Theodor Herzl.

Huh. Pink is a striking color.
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: Mon, Feb 01, 2010, 12:14 »

Well then... I have requested some info from Mr. Graham about the book. He promised to send me a copy of the new edition, but didn't answer questions on whereabouts of the previous 2 printings (2007 and 2008).

However, the interested reader can at least read the preface of his book: http://thegaystateblog.wordpress.com/the-book/.

For those into comparative text analysis, the following text might be interesting as well: The Jewish State by Dr. Theodor Herzl.

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Jan 27, 2010, 09:13 »

The vistaprint directory listing of the web site offers this:

Description:   The Gay State began as an internationally best selling book devoted to Gay equallity. Since 2007, a movement began to create the world's first Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender nation-state that would grant the Gay community freedom and liberty.

Brands:   Sales of the 2010 re-edited, revised and third printing of the best selling, The Gay State, from the online gift shop, a variety of gift & novelty items, casual apparel, sports apparel & travel gear.

Year Established:   2007

From what I've read, I believe the book was, in fact, self-published in 2007 and was sold through this web site. (I have found a reference to one of the site's domain names from January of 2007.) I don't know if it was ever sold elsewhere. Assuming all goes as planned for the author, the book should be available later this year. I'll set aside my skeptical nature for the time being because the book will obviously be able to speak for itself and any doubts about it now would be complete speculation.
Stonewall was a riot.

Feral

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2010, 07:12 »

Is it possible that we missed a monumental work being on the market?

It is, of course, possible. I do not, for example, know the name of the publisher. I have no clue as to the book's ISBN. Never mind knowing its price or where it might be purchased. I find that strange. I find it stranger that someone might seek to publicize such a work without mentioning any of these details. It's stranger still that there don't seem to be any older press releases floating about. I wouldn't think that this would be a very workable marketing strategy. But then, this is the very picture of how a three-year-old book can go through two printings without me being able to find a single detail about it. Sure. That would do it.

I'll look around a bit. I'm afraid I can hear the evening breeze rustling the cocos groves of Cato, though. It's a lovely sound... the evening breeze in the palm fronds. Sadly, it is not cooling, this evening breeze in the palms. Not one bit. More's the pity, the coconuts... they leave much to be desired. That's fine, though. I do not care for coconut. This book would, however, be just the thing to read while lounging in the shade of the cocos groves of Cato.
Stonewall was a riot.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
"Gay State" by Garrett Graham
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Jan 22, 2010, 10:29 »

Today I was stunned to read a press-release announcing that a book with a title "The Gay State" by Garrett Graham is avaiting its third edition. The book is reported to be "an international best seller that began a world-wide movement". Is it possible that we missed a monumental work being on the market? Unfortunately, I was unable to find any references to the book on the Internet beyound the aforementioned press-release and the website of the author. Does any one have additional informations? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momentum for Global Gay Independence Movement Continues To Grow. Garrett Graham’s Best Seller, "The Gay State" To Be Re-Released.

"The Gay State: The Quest For An Independent Gay Nation-State And What It Means To Conservatives And The World's Religions" is an international best seller that began a world-wide movement. Negotiations to the political platform are underway to maintain the expressed support of Conservatives, the world's religious leaders and the global Gay leadership so that the Gay Solution to the Gay Question and what some have called the Gay Problem, can be resolved in a way that all parties win by securing a free, independent territory for the international Gay community.

New York, NY, USA (PRWEB) January 22, 2010 -- In 2009, the world witnessed the relentless and continuing assault of Gays around the globe. Murders, executions, imprisonment and beatings of members of the Gay, Lesbian and Transgender community increased internationally. The beheading of Gays even reached the US, which saw LGBT hate crimes spike by eleven percent in 2008-09.

As a result of the ongoing global persecution, author Garrett Graham is re-releasing his internationally acclaimed book “The Gay State: The Quest For An Independent Gay Nation-State And What It Means To Conservatives And The World’s Religions.” The book, originally written and released in 2007, was followed up with a second printing in 2008. After revisions and re-editing and inclusion of 100-plus pages of new data, a third printing of The Gay State is expected to be released by Spring, 2010. Demand continues to increase, according to Graham’s agent, Dottie Shapiro, with global distribution across five continents.
 The global Gay community wants nothing more than to live in freedom with equality & liberty. We seek only to prosper – or fail, according to our own merit, drive and talent. Instead, we are rooted out for extermination, beatings, shame & imprisonment. 

Graham, who lives in New York, lectures frequently and travels extensively as a Gay equality activist and has researched the question of creating an independent Gay nation. According to Graham, “Gays have lived under brutal oppression for thousands of years. And with the exception of a few liberal pockets of enlightenment, the onslaught of our people mercilessly continues.”

In a telephone interview from London, Graham said “We, as the Gay community are a people – one people, yet we are scattered about in every nation on Earth. Of those 195 nations, 80 of them have made our very existence an illegal act. Even in countries where we are legally allowed to exist, we are rooted out for extermination and subjected to routine violence.”

Graham insists the time for this historic experiment in Gay independence has come. “The global Gay community wants nothing more than to live in freedom with peace and liberty. We seek only to be left to prosper – or fail, according to our own merit, drive and talent.”

Political conservatives and religious leaders have had mixed reactions to the plan for an independent Gay territory, but substantial numbers support the Gay community in establishing their own Gay state. Graham’s response to the clergy was “It may be true that we are strange bedfellows. But conservatives, religious leaders and the Gay leadership all agree that our views are incompatible and by working harmoniously to separate peacefully is in everyone’s interest.”

Often referred to as “the father of the global Gay independence movement,” Graham will continue to give talks on the subject and a book tour will be scheduled in the coming months, according to his agent, Dottie Shapiro. Garrett Graham is available for interviews.

Garrett Graham
GarrettGrahamAndTheGayState(at)GMail(dot)com
http://www.TheGayState.EU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up