GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come Together Event  (Read 4849 times)

Sage

• Group member
Re: Come Together Event
« Reply #8 on: Mon, Feb 10, 2014, 07:47 »

We can’t really work out the logistics of a scenario until we have decided on an exact location and have an idea of the approximate number of attendees. In the meantime we could work toward creating hypothetical context for scenarios in order to get the creative juices flowing. I think the best way to start is to imagine ourselves as members of some sort of all Gay colony, tribe, settlement, nation, etc. Then ponder the following questions: Who are we? Where are we? How did we come to be? Once some ideas are established, the scenario can be worked out by pondering what immediate challenges our imagined society is facing. Some possibilities that come to mind involve: 1) A sea-borne nation in the near future, 2) Survivors of a cataclysmic living in an all Gay fortress settlement in a post-apocalyptic world, 3) Settle of a non-Earth environment such as Mars, the moon, or an orbiting Gay made city in space. I will develop a scenario to serve as an example and post it once completed.

Sage

• Group member
« Reply #7 on: Fri, Feb 07, 2014, 15:09 »

I think you just added a whole new concept to the term "subversive activist." http://forum.gayrepublic.org/Smileys/default/eclipsee_Victoria.gif

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Feb 07, 2014, 15:03 »

As for captives... Hmmm. What should we do with them?

I was thinking rather of an ancient Greek custom: a captive enemy soldier could escape execution if somebody wanted to marry him.  ;D
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Sage

• Group member
« Reply #5 on: Sun, Feb 02, 2014, 02:05 »

As for captives... Hmmm. What should we do with them? I was reading "prepper" boards recently in search of Gay survivalists. I don't recall what the issue that was discussed in one particular thread but some Teabag type threatened that opponents would be dressed up as Nancy Pelosi and publically spanked. I suppose that's one option. Of course for our purposes, Nancy Pelosi might not be the best choice of disguise. What about Michelle Bachmann, Anne Coulter, Rick Santorum, or that Duck Dynasty dude? Of course classic antagonist such as Anita Bryant and Pat Robertson can be relied upon as well.

Sage

• Group member
« Reply #4 on: Sun, Feb 02, 2014, 01:38 »

Does anyone have experience with live action role-play or know anyone who does?

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: Sun, Feb 02, 2014, 01:18 »

Bringing back some good fun would be much appreciated. A location would, ideally, be rural and have a shore to enable additional scenarios. A few ideas:

a) Occupation of an uninhabited island, erection of a base camp and securing the landing sites;
b) Defending the camp against a nightly raid by a troop of enemy special forces, what to do with the prisoners taken? ;-)
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Sage

• Group member
« Reply #2 on: Thu, Jan 30, 2014, 04:26 »

By the way, help with spreading the word would be much appreciated. This is a great opportunity for people who express eagerness to actually start doing something to do just that.

Sage

• Group member
Come Together Event
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jan 29, 2014, 13:40 »

Gay Greetings!

The foundation’s president and I have been discussing the possibility of organizing an event this summer in the northeastern United States for the purpose of having a good time while exploring Gay culture and nationalism. We envision the event as a rural retreat with a possible live action scenario included. A Gay pioneer scenario perhaps? However, before plans can be made we need to get an idea of how many people may be involved. Therefore, if you are interested in joining in please let us know so that we can conduct a head-count. This would be the first event of its kind and if successful could become a re-occurring one. Questions and suggestions are welcomed.

Bear hugs to all,
Sage 
Pages: [1]   Go Up