GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Initial program  (Read 8699 times)

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
Re: Initial program
« Reply #10 on: Sat, Sep 03, 2005, 17:05 »

You're telling me?  Americans turn a blind eye to EVERYTHING that paints their past in a shade resembling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  ...

No...  you're absolutely right.  Americans don't know a damn thing.  That's why they're third from last place in terms of public education programs here on the planet Earth.  Third from LAST.  A nation full of dumb @$$e$, if you ask me. 

Absolutely true and right you are. The entire New Orleans crisis presently unfolding would be enough to topple any government anywhere else. I tuned into the tube of boobs the other day hoping to hear that la revolution, c'est commence! but alas, alack! no such luck. Despite absolutely incomprehensible, intolerable bumbling by chief boob Dumbya and his posse of hand-picked morons, millions of sheeple continue to adore and revere the chief moron.  New Orleans' mayor C. Ray Nagin had it right when he went on CNN cursing at the Feds yesterday morning, yet strangely, by evening he was cow-towing and saying how everything was just rosey...can you spell "i-n-t-i-m-i-d-a-t-e-d b-y R-e-p-u-b-l-i-g-o-o-n-s"

After all, any place where the following passage can be taken seriously and actually as "mainstream viewpoint" (as it has been credited with in some parts) deserves to see the end of itself:

"New Orleans was ripe for collapse. Its dangerous geography, combined with a dangerous culture, made it susceptible to an unfolding catastrophe. Currents of chaos and lawlessness were running through the city long before this week, and they were bound to come to the surface under the pressure of natural disaster and explode in a scene of looting and mayhem. ... Like riotous Los Angeles since the 1960s, New Orleans has been a wasteland of politically correct dysfunction for decades -- public schools so obviously decimated vouchers were proposed this year (and torpedoed by the left), barbaric gangster rap culture no one will confront lest they offend liberal pieties, multiculturalist frauds who empower no one but themselves, and cops neutered by the NAACP and ACLU." - George Neumayr, the executive editor of The American Spectator (a neo-Fascist zine passing itself off and received in some areas as mainstream).

Facit: If you voted for Bush, you deserve everything that is coming!

Solution: Let's accelerate the entire procedure here and get the colonies up and running and the country founded already!  8((
Having recently escaped the bowels of East Germany, I remain

VIZIER, your exalted yet most humble WebMaster

Solo

• A One-Man Show...
  • Forum member
  • * Gay Super Hero *
    • Scribblings of a Madman...
« Reply #9 on: Thu, Aug 25, 2005, 15:09 »

Haste does, indeed, usually result in waste.

What do we all think?

I agree that Ben Franklin shouldn't be on the money, ha ha. I never knew he had any anti-Semitic tendencies. I do know that he did say some awfully apropos things that have remained so over two centuries, but so have many others who are not quoted nearly as much, probably because to Americans they are not as familiar as the pater nostra of pithy sayings...

You're telling me?  Americans turn a blind eye to EVERYTHING that paints their past in a shade resembling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  July 4th 1776 - Independence Day and the third Thursday of November is Thanksgiving Day; on neither date of "celebration" do Americans acknowledge that they're bullies that pushed Native Americans off THEIR land, they plagued them with their diseases, the lied, cheated, stole and murdered the American Indians...  there's no remorse for their barbarism in kidnapping and enslaving Africans and the list goes on and on...  I'm sure Harriet Tubman was a b!tc# when she was menstrating and Bayard Rustin was a b!tc#y f@g when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't do as he was advised, but they're far more appropriate figures to put on the face of US currency.  Hell, gimme a $100-bill with Hillary Rodham-Clinton on it any day (not that I have anything against Bill, but we all know who really had her hand up Bill's @$$, calling the shots while throwing her voice.  Hehehehe....

No...  you're absolutely right.  Americans don't know a damn thing.  That's why they're third from last place in terms of public education programs here on the planet Earth.  Third from LAST.  A nation full of dumb @$$e$, if you ask me. 
Solo, the one and only.

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."-- Anne Frank (1929-45), German Jewish refugee, diarist, captured and sent to concentration camp.

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
« Reply #8 on: Thu, Aug 25, 2005, 14:29 »

Hello all... obviously, item 4c in my updated Vicky-list was included as it is an option (as demonstrated by the GLK). I would never embrace it myself, since I think we should all be smoking ganja and dressing in rainbow flags and driving hippy "caravanettes" in circles. (Unfair, none of you know me well enough to recognize pure sarcasm from me when it is offered, I apologize.)

Actually, this entire website and everything you see here came forth out of the minds of Vicky, Guenter and me and the simple notion that there must be a better, more democratic approach to having our own "space." The initial name, Gay Republic, was born partly out of a spirit of rebellion against the Gay Kingdom, which (read the glr homepage for details) seemed a little too dictatorial to us. 

After a while, the idea of colonialization came forth, too, which is one I at first disliked as it smacks, in a way, to me of "ghettoization," which I abhor. It has, however, a lot of positives. If I had to make a vote today on how to proceed, I still think the original idea of possibly buying or convincing some existing nation to "donate" a landmass to us, then eventually declaring our independence and seceding strikes me as a good approach.  However, it is an approach that would possibly take a whole generation to come about, as the best things in life are still created by sowing seeds and watching them grow. Haste does, indeed, usually result in waste.

What do we all think?

I agree that Ben Franklin shouldn't be on the money, ha ha.  I never knew he had any anti-Semitic tendencies. I do know that he did say some awfully apropos things that have remained so over two centuries, but so have many others who are not quoted nearly as much, probably because to Americans they are not as familiar as the pater nostra of pithy sayings...

Solo

• A One-Man Show...
  • Forum member
  • * Gay Super Hero *
« Reply #7 on: Wed, Aug 24, 2005, 09:49 »

Here is my somewhat expanded take on Mogul's idea of what our next steps must/should be:

1.   Draft and publish our manifesto
2.   Organize regional bases and populate and popularize them
3.   Build up our finances
4.   Investigate all homeland models:
 a.   Independence through real estate purchase
 b.   Independence through diplomatic negotiation
 c.   Independence through acts of secession/war
 d.   The "colonies concept"
 e.   Other concepts/ideas
5.   Homeland decision: Membership in all regions votes on which model it wishes to pursue and how best to achieve that goal
6.   Legal framework (constitution, laws, organizational statutes, plans, project outlines, etc.) are written, approved by membership and put in place
7.   Physical negotiations, purchases, diplomatic acts (depending on decision in Step 5) take place
8.   Homeland achieved!

Here's a funny thought.  I was thinking half-jokingly...  (and only half,) what would it take to conquer a (newly declared) nation?  Simple occupation of a land mass?  Take a page from the Americans and pitch your flag up (or piss on part of a rock) and declare it your property?  Since the UK hasn't denied Dale's claim, what are the odds of an Australian citizen pitching our flag on the Coral Sea Island and claiming it a territory of the Gay & Lesbian Republic.  Isn't that how it works?

Unga bunga?!?!?!

Also, on our currency, can we refrain from printing money with questionable characters on the face of it??  Ben Franklin...  great for Electricity...  really!  I love it, but he talked mad $#!t about the Jews and was never strong-armed into an apology, so I *:P'tew:* spit on him for his poor conduct in this regard.
Solo, the one and only.

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."-- Anne Frank (1929-45), German Jewish refugee, diarist, captured and sent to concentration camp.

Solo

• A One-Man Show...
  • Forum member
  • * Gay Super Hero *
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Aug 24, 2005, 09:13 »

All looks good to me.  Personally, I'm not an obvious choice for PR work, but for "the cause" I may be able to swing it.  Any way, I'll give this some careful consideration and make it a point to check out updates daily.  Make sure you don't take over Tonga without me.  I owe them twenty-five generations of occupation, so we can knock out two birds with one stone for me.  ;-) 

And the beat goes on...   :!!
Solo, the one and only.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Aug 23, 2005, 14:32 »

Hm, I was thinking about what kind of things we can actually do in the first years of our existence as organization... I made just a list of activities which spontaneousely came into my mind. Please regard them as some ideas for the further discussion, not as a program. 
 :WN
In beginning the daily work will probably look like this:

1) Watch out for usefull contacts (people and other organizations); make a well-structured hyperlinlink collection.
2) Place contributions in various discussion groups with a decent link to our webpage;
3) Contact other webmasters and try to exchange links with them;
4) Make a dossier about the situation of GLBT people in various regions (e.g. East Europe, Africa, Mid East etc.) and make a list of especially homophobic countries;
5) Issue press-releases at special occasions like the recent murders on gay teenagers in Iran;
6) Write official letters to politicians and try to take influence;
7) Ask prominent people (decently) to contribute IDEAS (not money) for our movement - maybe some would like to join and would give us some push of public interest;
8 ) Ask businessmen for money (decently);
9) Look for another, already existing projects of gay nationalism/separatism. Do some gay colonies maybe already exist, without the world has noticed this? We should contact such groups and look what they are doing, and whether we can enbed them into our effort, maybe help in any way.
9) Issue a magazine or a newspaper. We for sure cannot compete with leading internet portals like 365gay.com in providing of fresh news, but we could point with reviews of general (long-term) interest, should we be able to win good autors.
10) Make a study among gay people in bars and on internet: what do they think about the idea of a gay homeland only for GLBT people? To perform such study on a high level, maybe we could interest some professor of sociology who could let a student make a diploma work over it.
11) Gain information about countries, wich could be considered as potential candidates for our land project. What are the immigration reglementation in these countries, the general political situation regarding our cause? Is it allowed for foreigners to buy (off-shore) property? What consequences have to be feared in case someone decides to negotiate about self-administration?

For sure, in the beginning we will just try to make the idea popular and icrease our financial and human stock. Interesting idea could be some sommer camp or "gay kibbutz" for younger gays and lesbians. I think in the US or Canada something like this would have good chances to become realized. Or we choose some greek island for this purpose :) If we could maintain some kind of permanent tent-camp for idealists, this would be already a great win. If people would come just for 2 or 3 monthes, this could give them an immense imprint on identity as folk. No need to declare the area independent from beginning, it would suffy to declare it the seat of "Gay National Committee" or whatever, be it even the "Gay Government".
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Jaix

« Reply #4 on: Tue, Aug 23, 2005, 07:36 »

This pertains to the Republic and the Commonwealth.....
I can't see any of us using force to take any territory.  Personally I'm a lover not a fighter.  But lovers have passion too!  My suggestion is to take the high road, settle a piece of land, improve it, be stubborn, hang on, and use world opinion and the precepts of Ghandi and King.
Of course a lot of it depends on how deep your pockets are.  If you have millions you could build a domed city on the Antarctic Palmer Penisula, or raise a reef to an island (watch out for irate Tongans) 8((
Or in the extreme exploit the "failed nation" status of places like Somalia, or islands off equatorial Africa. But there runs the chance of violence again. 
But since the Commonwealth and the Republic are friends....we'd let you anchor your yachts in the harbor we have planned on Cipperton :-*

Jaix

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: Mon, Aug 22, 2005, 09:43 »

Yep, thanks! ;D

Personally, item 4 c is not amongst my favorites, though of course we could become a subject of some unwanted aggression, that's true.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Aug 22, 2005, 01:11 »

Here is my somewhat expanded take on Mogul's idea of what our next steps must/should be:

1.   Draft and publish our manifesto
2.   Organize regional bases and populate and popularize them
3.   Build up our finances
4.   Investigate all homeland models: 
                a.   Independence through real estate purchase
                b.   Independence through diplomatic negotiation
                c.   Independence through acts of secession/war
                d.   The "colonies concept"
                e.   Other concepts/ideas
5.   Homeland decision: Membership in all regions votes on which model it wishes to pursue and how best to achieve that goal
6.   Legal framework (constitution, laws, organizational statutes, plans, project outlines, etc.) are written, approved by membership and put in place
7.   Physical negotiations, purchases, diplomatic acts (depending on decision in Step 5) take place
8.   Homeland achieved!

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Initial program
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Aug 19, 2005, 06:23 »

Friends, I would suggest that we should start our practical work in the following queue:

1) Manifesto;
2) Regional base camps + popularization;
3) Building up the financial stock;
4) Checking out the "colonies concept";
5) Mainland decision;
6) "Take over".

In our forum discussions and private talks we have exchanged some ideas about the necessity of the "Gay Homeland" as such. We should summarize our motivations in a document which we can present to the public in order to explain our cause, also reviewing the pros and contras. This should be our manifesto, our initial program.

Thereafter we should start our popularization efforts and try to establish regional responsibilities, so that people in each country or language space can contact someone near them. These regional offices will have to build up contacts to mass media and existing GLBT organizations. If possible, they should create local networks to bring people together and care for those in need of help and protection. Some cultural efforts would be greate as well, e.g. participation on "national library" projects or strengthening "national identity". All the postal stamps stuff, souveniers and the like belongs to this category. A book or two on gay history and perspectives of the gay nationalism would be of tremendous value, too.

To actually be able to perform some activities, a solid financial fundament would be an absolute necessity. Money is required for maintaining the daily work, and even more money is required to physically bring someone out of an endangered area. As we will probably have to buy the areas which we desire to make our territory, years if not decades of fund-raising are before us. We should win attention of wealthy individuals for our project, but also try to interest the middle-class gay people in donation. Creating a growing financial stock and maybe establishing of own busines activities (dreams so far!!!) would be desireable. Ok, this sounds a bit weird and resembles some unhealthy religious organisations (Scientology, Aum Shinrikyo, Catholic Church), but it's just about organizatory structures - no need to involve any excess of ideology. Talks with well-disposed governments could result in cheap aquisition of land for our projects.

As we do not know in advance, what is the best place to establish a gay country, we should test out the concepts on various locations. Unless we get an unpopulated area with whole souvereignity granted from the first day, we will have to advance step-by step. Therefore we should build up more than one colony and try to achieve our goals at different conditions. For example, we could occupy Clipperton or Kerguelen and declare them "self-administrated", but should no one actually desire to live there, it would turn out as a dead end. On the other hand, a flourishing gay settlement on some Greec islet might turn out to have little chances to ever gain political independency. We just have to test some concepts and look how they are running. At the end, each of them can be a usefull part of a puzzle and be of certain worth as such. At least a kind of a "gay kibbutz", a long-term social training camp should be maintained on this stage.

Upon gathering experiences and checking out political and economical chances of each concept, we should be able to make a funded decision about where our mainland can be established.

Then we can concentrate our efforts to build up functioning infrastructure and look how we can bring the boys/girls home. Stubborn efforts to increase level of our self-determination will follow, creating facts and negotiating for a self-administration. May be a compromise could be found for our future country be member of some higher political and defence structures, yet allowing us preservation of our cultural identity as a folk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up