General Forum > Politics

Denneny's First Proposition: the Definition of "Gay"

<< < (2/15) > >>

Mogul:
A minor part of the debate was splitted and merged into this topic:

http://forum.gayrepublic.org/index.php?topic=196.0

This is a routine procedure with the intention to keep particular topics close to their initial issue.

8[

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Tue, Jan 31, 2006, 17:19 ---There is indeed no reason why society shouldn't accept any new child as a "communal" issue. Such model for child-rearing is probably more easily realized in a village than in a highly urbanized area. The "communal" child-raising will probably also influence its tendency to remain the "communal property" in older age and make poliandrie a more common phenomenon. =))

--- End quote ---

Polyandry could originate in an issue having to do with public order.I have no precise idea on how we gays would congregate in a situation of political independence and freedom.But disputes could arise between various informal clans or tribes over the possession of this of that most
handsome individual.In the novel of history and fiction over which I have worked from 1986 to 1990,the matter is tackled.The arrival or immigrants of the teenager group led to pitched battles and riots over their appropriation by rival clans of the same age group already settled in the country.Ports and railroad stations often became scenes of disorder and rampage.The then gay state had to intervene in registering individuals under specific clans or tribes,in order to avoid further disputes of that sort.

K6

Mogul:

--- Quote from: K6 on Sat, Jan 28, 2006, 00:50 ---I disagree on another hand with any idea of maintaining the institution or structure of the family on gay sovereign soil.If an when reproduction restarts,it will be solely through cooperatives using modern reproductive technology.And the children will be the property of the cooperative constituted by a group of adults, more or less like in the early Israeli Kibbutz system.There will be no more private initiative in matters having to do with human reproduction,under the general principle that it takes a village to produce a citizen.

--- End quote ---

There is indeed no reason why society shouldn't accept any new child as a "communal" issue. Such model for child-rearing is probably more easily realized in a village than in a highly urbanized area. The "communal" child-raising will probably also influence its tendency to remain the "communal property" in older age and make poliandrie a more common phenomenon. =))

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Fri, Jan 27, 2006, 23:35 ---
Do you mean "reproductive activity" = male-female sex?

--- End quote ---

With possibility of conception,yes.Without possibility of conception,no.Without possibility of conception would include 1) with contraceptives or
2) a couple having one member sterile or beyond the age of reproduction.Heterosexuality among non-gays may be recreative,but must confer
no power (read here *political power*) in matters of demographics (which gays do not possess as individuals and in the same fashion as
heterosexuals).

K6

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Fri, Jan 27, 2006, 23:35 ---Why "sort" them? Let's say there is simply no right for citizenship by birth, instead the right for permanent residency for minor children of citizens untill they become full-age?

--- End quote ---

For clarification and in my mind,the status of gay is the equivalent to the one of citizen.I am entirely in agreement with the idea of no status of
gay (and thus of citizen) by birthright.Each individual must earn it,and cannot ow it to the deeds of his parents.I disagree on another hand with
any idea of maintaining the institution or structure of the family on gay sovereign soil.If an when reproduction restarts,it will be solely through cooperatives using modern reproductive technology.And the children will be the property of the cooperative constituted by a group of adults,
more or less like in the early Israeli Kibbutz system.There will be no more private initiative in matters having to do with human reproduction,under
the general principle that it takes a village to produce a citizen.

K6

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version