General Forum > Gay Culture

Propaganda theme for a poster

(1/4) > >>

felneymike:
Hmm, my comic Agent Smoke is gonna be full of adverts for various things, i ought to slip some propaganda in there too. Things like a load of religious symbols and the slogan "BEWARE THE DEVIANT: Report use of these symbols to the security forces IMMEDIATLEY!"

--- Quote ---I hope your idea of "Gay armed forces" was tongue-in-cheek!
--- End quote ---
"Arm all V3 Rocket Bombs, target: the Confederate States of America! Fire bombs at 5 minute intervals following the lead of HNS Wildeblood. Give the scum 20 minutes to think it's over and inspect the damage them give them the second salvo 200m shy of the first impact sites. VICTORY IS ASSURED!"
-A captain of a gay homeland ship in 2064
"Are the Zeppelins and troopships ready to invade the confederacy?"
"No"
"No? but the bombardment has commenced!"
"So?"
"So don't we want to follow it up with invasion?"
"Invade what? why do we want to rule over those hillbillies and KKK members? fuck 'em, we'll just blow thier cities to ash and leave the survivors to starve and suffocate in the rubble"
-Heard outside the Chancellor's office 10 minutes later

Mogul:
Stefan R. Landsberger offers an extensive collection of chinese propaganda posters from various epoches.

Some posters remind me of the usual totalitarist motives (military, party & state lieaders, industrialization), some are just typically chinese kitsch (a beatifull one, though).

Here some examples:

The US propaganda posters belong to the interesting objects as well, here we have some:

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Sun, Jun 04, 2006, 16:36 ---For you propaganda poster lovers, here is a wonderful website about Sovjet propaganda art.

--- End quote ---

I am fascinated with propaganda art from totalitarian countries,with the reservations and skepticism inspired by the fact that I am the product of a democratic society well informed about world affairs in general and the designs of totalitarism in particular.Totalitarism has its flaws,some of them major.But at least,it understand and masters well nationalism as an instrument to set large populations into motion,political action and sacrifice.You do a research with the Google engine under the "Images" item and typing "Enfants de Budapest".There you will get a propaganda picture of what could be the one of a gay independence fighter.

K6

Mogul:
For you propaganda poster lovers, here is a wonderful website about Sovjet propaganda art.

Mogul:
Niklas has responded to my request in a nice e-mail - unfortunately, he can not help us with some pictures currently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version