General Forum > Politics

Money rules the world - strategies for evicting gay life from cities

(1/4) > >>

Mogul:

--- Quote from: K6 on Fri, Mar 31, 2006, 19:16 ---[..] I could however provide scenarios likely to inspire some talented gay artist should we come accross one.Or failing that,litghing up the imagination of other participants here.One of my fields of interest and studies is political propaganda.I have manuals full of illustrations and tips on the subject in my library.
--- End quote ---

There are for sure many gays and lesbians gifted in painting - some even successfully earn money with their art. It would be fine if some of the guys and gals would feel encourage to contribute to our community's culture also with nice propaganda artworks. K6, is there any possibility for you to gather some of your gay propaganda suggestions in a special thread (e.g. in the board "Gay Culture")?

--- Quote from: K6 on Fri, Mar 31, 2006, 19:25 ---Another advantage we enjoy over heterosexuals,is that we have no real competitors in the form of gay role models from previous generations.We are not saddled with their moral authority,for they neglected to establish one over our gay youth.So,the political fashions of the gay community can change very rapidly and to our advantage if we only seize the opportunity.
--- End quote ---

The advantage is also one of our disadvantages - we face severe difficulties to pass our cultural achievements to the next generations. Unfortunately, any true moral authority among gays will have difficulties to be widely accepted in the community - as a people, we are in a confused and disodered state so far. Some people would even refuse the notion that we (gays and lesbians) need morality and ethics - too strong is the experience of being oppresed by the false morality. But does the sexual liberation extinguish any moral? It does not - ethics and understanding of what is right and what is wrong are very important for any civilized community. Community centres will create the neccessary environment to transfer our knowledges and ethics from one generation to the next one, and internet can help us to distribute our cultural goods justly among all of our people.

K6:

--- Quote from: Jaix on Fri, Mar 31, 2006, 11:19 ---Indeed, it may have taken centuries for Nations in the past to form, but remember what their communications were like.
News, ideas, and politics traveled slowly by foot/horse.
Today a good idea (or even a bad idea, remember the Macarena?) can travel at light speed.

--- End quote ---

Another advantage we enjoy over heterosexuals,is that we have no real competitors in the form of gay role models from previous generations.We
are not saddled with their moral authority,for they neglected to establish one over our gay youth.So,the political fashions of the gay community
can change very rapidly and to our advantage if we only seize the opportunity.

K6

K6:

--- Quote from: Mogul on Fri, Mar 31, 2006, 15:02 ---
@ K6: Yes, a good propaganda painter would be greate. I remember the important role the gay comic drawer Ralph König played in gay emanzipation in Germany - his gays were fanny, serious, weird and gorgeous - they transported much of the self-consciousness which we so desperately needed that times. God beware us to instrumentallize the art entirely for our propaganda purposes, but a certain pathetic touch would surelly be of much benefit for our movement.

--- End quote ---

I have no artistic talent whatsoever as for the drawing.I could however provide scenarios likely to inspire some talented gay artist should we come accross one.Or failing that,litghing up the imagination of other participants here.One of my fields of interest and studies is political propaganda.I have manuals full of illustrations and tips on the subject in my library.

K6

Mogul:
Jaix, if you would determine to send out a "terrorist" with a fruit tart targeting the face of some prominent homophobe, we would sponsor the material costs! Would this qualify us to be included into the list of terroristic organizations?  ;D

Seriously: spreading the idea is very important, but probably even more important is to develope it further. If we want to come beyound fun, we must offer a serious analysis of our situation and a half-way detailed plan of operation. If we are expecting people to join our movement, we must also offer something worth of their devotion - at the moment we still have no real concept worthy of that word.

The problems with proper chartering of our organizations derives from our little numbers and the already mentioned "fun factor" - at the point when things turn serious, many of the previously bold big-mouthes disappear from the horizont. And, of course, after experiences made with the deceased entity, some good people are discouraged and wait for a sign. Alone, we miss the prophet! 

@ K6: Yes, a good propaganda painter would be greate. I remember the important role the gay comic drawer Ralph König played in gay emanzipation in Germany - his gays were fanny, serious, weird and gorgeous - they transported much of the self-consciousness which we so desperately needed that times. God beware us to instrumentallize the art entirely for our propaganda purposes, but a certain pathetic touch would surelly be of much benefit for our movement.

Jaix:
Indeed, it may have taken centuries for Nations in the past to form, but remember what their communications were like.
News, ideas, and politics traveled slowly by foot/horse.
Today a good idea (or even a bad idea, remember the Macarena?) can travel at light speed.   What we have to do is marketthe idea of a Gay State.  For all of his fabled and multiple faults, the former Emperor had a talent for
advertising.  But alas, to advertise costs.

We in the Commonwealth have been struggling with the question of finances also.  Not so much the amount of money, but the how to channel it, contain it, and disperse it.  I was pleased to read your Executive Meeting minutes, and garner some new ideas and information. 
Things are a little harder now in the US in regards to soliciting and accepting monies, especially from overseas.  Seems everone is a terrorist now until proven otherwise.
Personally the only terrorism I fantasize about is bitch slapping a few politicians 8((

Jaix
PM/GLCK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version