GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay Republic Postal Service  (Read 17968 times)

K6

• Forum member
Re: Gay Republic Postal Service
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 01:09 »

As it seems that there is a wish for "gay stamps" with something unique and cute on them  =)) I would like initiate a motive-gathering for them.

Must be of course your personal copyright or public domain (e.g. the artist is dead since more than 70 years). Any suggestions?

An internet search for images under "Pierre Joubert" could in certain cases yield the most beautifull young men for characters in gay postal
stamps or propaganda posters.To my knowledge,Pierre Joubert died in 2002.He was a french artist,specializing in drawings for covers of adventure
novels for the youth.

K6

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Gay Republic Postal Service
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 00:59 »

As it seems that there is a wish for "gay stamps" with something unique and cute on them  =)) I would like initiate a motive-gathering for them.

Must be of course your personal copyright or public domain (e.g. the artist is dead since more than 70 years). Any suggestions? You can just post them into this thread, using the img-function for imbeding your pictures.

Some of my personal favorites so far:

Ok, we of course can print also some respectable stamps with our forethinkers and heroes (K. H. Ulrichs, H. Milk, some more ideas?).

Actually, the last pic appeared in various magazines. Does anybody know who is the artist / copyright holder?
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up