GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enlarging the comment,and hopefully also the debate about gay self-determination  (Read 4168 times)

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru

Certainly, Polish gays have their very own history - including the occupation by Germany and "shifting" the entire country to the west. The History of German-Polish relations consists, of course, not only of 6 years of occupation, but also of long periods of cooperation between Poland and GDR, as well as the post-kommunist cooperation with modern Germany. Many binational relationships have contributed their share to the better understanding between the 2 neighbouring countries.

The current situation for gays in Poland is difficult, but once again: it's not said that we have lost that battle. The current clerical demagogues have won the elections this time, yes - but Polish gays have tested blood as well and are increasingly motiveted to fight for their rights. Also the entire liberal left seems to understand that the assault on gays is intended only as the first step in a more extensive campaign against democracy and freedom in Poland. German and European LGBT community supports the fight of Polish gays for their rights.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

K6

• Forum member

Polish gays,if they ever show up in this forum - which I hope - will bring along with them the historical and political traditions of their country.They have a sort of genius for doing things in parallel,or "na lewo" as they say.They are apparently the inventors of the concept of the underground
State,which they maintained throughout the german occupation of WWII,and which is now taught to them in history courses at the secondary school level in Poland.

K6

K6

• Forum member

Things in Poland do not look very good now for gays, but the battle is going on, and it's not said that Mr. Kazinsky will win it. The good thing is, that Poland is directly open to the influence from other European countries, and it would be very difficult for the homophobic government to withhold people from gaining the taste of freedom.

Poland is located at the centre of the European highway and railway communication web.I happen to know that country better than my own (Canada) through my studies in history,geography and foreign cultures.Though without a drop of polish blood myself,I speak Polish.Besides France and Spain,this is the only other European country whose gay citizens I can try to reach directly on the internet.So,let`s se what will come out of it.

K6

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru

This is good, and maybe a Visitor from Poland will become interested in the idea. Though, my Polish knowledges are very limited: I do not know much more than "Jaki ladny clopchek", "Przeprosham" and "Zo robesh?".

Things in Poland do not look very good now for gays, but the battle is going on, and it's not said that Mr. Kazinsky will win it. The good thing is, that Poland is directly open to the influence from other European countries, and it would be very difficult for the homophobic government to withhold people from gaining the taste of freedom.

P.S. Sorry for the confusing typo: it shall of couse sound "my Polish knowledges are very limited".
« Last Edit: Wed, Mar 29, 2006, 14:21 by Mogul »
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

K6

• Forum member

The gay separatist group I am representing in alt.politics.micronations so far commented there about the activity of this forum in French and in
Spanish.It has decided today to enlarge its comment in alt.politics.micronations to Polish,which I happen to speak fluently.In the hope that more Europeans will join in our discussions.See in alt.politics.micronations,thread titled "Rokowania z GLR".

K6
Pages: [1]   Go Up