GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gays and Guns  (Read 12616 times)

K6

• Forum member
Re: Gays and Guns
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Apr 15, 2006, 03:14 »

There are other ways than guns to be feared: the practice of martial arts.I have practiced myself Karate (Kyokushinkai style) for eight years,taking along with others special advanced and private courses with my sensei (instructor),and raising up to brown belt.We we trained to face opponents armed with baseball bats (the easiests to defeat),knives and even guns.The methods of Karate are most brutal,as sometimes are its training and exams.Judo is as effective as Karate,but it has an entirely different approach.At worst,a Judoka will strangle his adversary,whereas in Karate we are taught to break nearly all his bones and naturally to cause him to emigrate (here,pointing upwards).A gay should choose a martial art according to his character.The practice of martial arts first keep you in shape,fills you with confidence and calm in dangerous situations,and in a way instill you with discipline.Discipline in the style of Karate I once practiced for eight years was almost as stiff as in the armed forces.

K6

Feral

• Official Flying Monkey Smiter
  • Administrator
Gays and Guns
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Apr 14, 2006, 19:15 »

For some reason that escapes my attention, the Philadelphia Weekly has recently discovered the Pink Pistols.

The Pink Pistols advocate the use of firearms for self-protection, specifically among their target audience: the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. The slogan of the loosely organized club--there's no formal process to become a member--is rather blunt: Armed gays don't get bashed.

The slogan is very often quite correct.

Many of the Pink Pistols can recall a harrowing tale of a run-in with meatheads.

More than a decade ago, on a hot summer night, Greene was returning to his car after a night of partying at a Center City leather bar. Sporting a black leather vest, white T-shirt, jeans and leather boots, he headed east from 13th Street toward his car, which was parked in Queen Village.

A few blocks into his journey, four young adults began following him.

"Hey faggot!" Greene says the teens yelled.

Greene picked up the pace. He turned around at one point and saw that each of the thugs was waving a metal pipe as they continued barking at him.

When Greene, who says he hadn't been drinking, finally arrived at his car, he reached into his pocket, pulled out his five-shot Smith & Wesson revolver, and aimed it at the hooligans.

"Holy shit! He's got a gun!" Greene says the one of the teens yelled.

Then they ran off.

"This was a successful self-defense with a gun," Greene says.

Without a weapon, he says, the kids would've ganged up on him, and the cops wouldn't have been able to do anything.

"The police would've shown up in time to clean me up off the street," he says with an uncomfortable chortle.

The Pink Pistols have a web site. The organization was started because Jonathan Rauch of Salon Magazine wrote:

"Thirty-one states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible."

It should be noted that the Pink Pistols do not advocate carrying firearms in jurisdictions where it is not legal to do so.
Stonewall was a riot.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up