GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gladiator Games  (Read 4873 times)

Athrael

• Forum member
    • Oceanic Project
Re: Gladiator Games
« Reply #4 on: Tue, May 01, 2007, 02:43 »

I have an good Idea ;D. How about bring back the old Roman style gladiator games? I personaly would like to see a simluar event like they had in ancient Rome. I also bet tens of millions of people would like to see it as well. I mean it would generate alot of money for the new found nation and make our homeland a tourist attraction as well. Its a win win situation for us.

Strange notion that. Isn't that kind of taking a step forward by taking two back?

Besides there are gladiator games out in the world, these are called "sports" and usually have a huge following of "fans" supports of the multi-billion dollar industry complete with coliseums, favorite gladiators and enough blood to appease the most barbaric, er I mean civilized of people.

Mind I like sports, I loved playing football (before I wrecked both knees a few years ago) I loved playing baseball and other sports. I did not and still do not fathom the interest in other people playing the sport.

It is odd to me that teachers, those endowed with the potential to safeguard or destroy our future as a society and species are paid so little while men and women who play games are generously rewarded with millions of dollars.

But then we are talking about a society that applauds and cheers while to men beat the crap out of each other in a ring, and get violent and all upset when two men kiss on the street.

According to obituary notices, a mean and useless citizen never dies.

GwenLA

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: Sat, Sep 02, 2006, 08:25 »

Anyone can participate. It would be like pro boxing in a way. Here's a great match up Christian fundies VS Islamic fundies. We can create whole armies for are viewing pleasure.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Aug 28, 2006, 20:08 »

Dear me, aren't the daily TV shows enough for you?š ;D By times I think they are much more scary than any ancient Roman-style arena fight ever was... Or have you ever heard that in old days parents and children, brothers and sisters were lacerating eachother in front of the nation?

As for the gladiators: do you have any idea from where to take them? I know for sure, K6 would suggest to use straight war prisoners - but wouldn't it be morally reprehensible=))šOf course, if participants will survive the spectacle, there should be no objections from my side.  ;D

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

GwenLA

• Forum member
Gladiator Games
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Aug 28, 2006, 05:16 »

I have an good Idea ;D. How about bring back the old Roman style gladiator games? I personaly would like to see a simluar event like they had in ancient Rome. I also bet tens of millions of people would like to see it as well. I mean it would generate alot of money for the new found nation and make our homeland a tourist attraction as well. Its a win win situation for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up