GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking back  (Read 5667 times)

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: Looking back
« Reply #8 on: Sat, Jul 15, 2006, 01:10 »

Hell, that's less funny than it sounds, I guess.  :+
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

GwenLA

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: Fri, Jul 14, 2006, 09:55 »

Sex work  ::). It seems thats the only work we trans people are allowed to do in the USA >:(

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Jul 14, 2006, 07:21 »

Aehem, "branch" like "chemistry", "education", "haulage business", "gastronomy" etc. You must know, my English is rather poor, so it might happen I use the wrong word by times.  :=SU
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

GwenLA

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jul 14, 2006, 03:09 »

branch?"

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 23:27 »

Lots of money, though it's of course solely the question of priorities, right? I do not know whether really "everything changes" after the OP, but it most certainly takes one a while to get friends with the "new" body. What branch are you working in?

GwenLA

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 21:07 »

Sex Reassignment Surgery and Facial Feminization Surgery. All together they will cost 90 grand

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 08:19 »

I often wonder what my life would have turned out if I would have the courage to tell my folks about my transition. I came out to my counselor a few months back. She was not really of help. All she said was to go to the library and look up info there.

Oh yes, how could life look if we did this and that decades ago but with our knowledge of today... :L It's hard to say, isn't it? My personal experience upon coming out was a 2-year "war" with my relatives which resulted in a cease-fire with all war parties undefeated.  :=SU The most important thing is the coming out to oneselfe - knowing what one is and what one wants, opinions of other people being of less importance. The only thing I am really regretting is my late coming on terms with my sexuality - I came out with 21, means 7 years of wasted youth! ;D

Besides, what exactly is srs and ffs? I must confess I am rather ignorant on acronymes.

GwenLA

• Forum member
Looking back
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jul 13, 2006, 06:52 »

Its really interesting looking back 11 years ago. I often wonder what my life would have turned out if I would have the courage to tell my folks about my transition. I came out to my counselor a few months back. She was not really of help. All she said was to go to the library and look up info there. So I did. Then I came up with a plan of action on what to do if parents were not accepting of this. I was going to save as much money as I could and head out to sf and start living and working as a woman. I know I would have had the money for srs and ffs at 18. At times it really bugs the hell out of me that I did not chose that path in life :'( :'( :'( :Y :Y :N :N :N
Pages: [1]   Go Up