GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Dead:  (Read 3591 times)

Vizier

• Vizier, Your WebMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Bok-bok-bok!
    • Vizier's Homepage
Re: Jerry Falwell Dead:
« Reply #3 on: Tue, Aug 07, 2007, 07:26 »

I danced a jig when I read the obituary. my parents lived near Lynchburg, Va for a long time. The amount of vitriol Falwell spewed in the local press and the number of crackpots who lapped up every word he vomited was amazing. I am truly HAPPY  :!! he is dead. "Speak no ill of the dead" be blasted. In this case, good riddance!  :+
Having recently escaped the bowels of East Germany, I remain

VIZIER, your exalted yet most humble WebMaster

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: Jerry Falwell Dead:
« Reply #2 on: Wed, May 16, 2007, 05:58 »

Well, what shall one say about this one dead foe? He diddn't die as young as many of his victims. This evil old man has lived a long, happy life in wealth and personal safety, serving his own needs for the price of other people's lives. Did anything change in this world with his departure? I would say, no -- the man already has done much of his service to his Master before he went.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

Athrael

• Forum member
    • Oceanic Project
Jerry Falwell Dead:
« Reply #1 on: Tue, May 15, 2007, 20:41 »

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/jerry.falwell/index.html

Rev. Jerry Falwell dead at 73

(CNN) -- Evangelist Jerry Falwell died Tuesday after he was found unresponsive in his office, an official at Liberty University told CNN.

Falwell, 73, was rushed to a Lynchburg, Virginia, hospital, where he was given CPR.

Falwell founded the Moral Majority in 1979 and is a nationally known voice for conservative Christian views. (Watch Jerry Falwell's rise to fame Video)

In 1956, the 22-year-old minister started Thomas Road Baptist Church with just 35 members, according to his Web site. The church now has more than 24,000 members.

Shortly after starting the Lynchburg church, Falwell began broadcasting the "Old Time Gospel Hour" radio and television ministries.

He founded Liberty University in 1971.

Falwell has found himself at the center of several controversies, such as the one sparked by his comments two days after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in which he seemed to blame "abortionists," gays, lesbians, the ACLU and People for American Way for causing the attacks, saying they "helped this happen."

On September 14, 2001, he told CNN that he would "never blame any human being except the terrorists, and if I left that impression with gays or lesbians or anyone else, I apologize."

Falwell was hospitalized twice in early 2005 with acute onset pulmonary edema, or congestive heart failure, and at one point was placed on a ventilator.

He and his wife, Macel, have three children.

Of course we in the GLBT community know other things about him, such as his continual push to deny us Gay Marriage. Or the small fact that when something big and nasty came down the pike he blamed it on us.

From this news some of us should take heart, those of us fighting the fight against persecution and bigotry and intolerance should see this for what it is. It is clear from this that Time wounds all heels.

According to obituary notices, a mean and useless citizen never dies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up