GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Draft of a roasmap to a gay-state  (Read 5020 times)

joachim999

• my Gayroyal Profile
Re: Draft of a roasmap to a gay-state
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Sep 02, 2010, 19:40 »

Our current program can be found here:

http://gayhomeland.org/program.html

I should read that first *shame on me*

0) Popularization of the idea of the Gay state;

This is the point, we are now. But this is a point very very hard to do.

1) Establishing the Gay state as an sovereign entity without territory (e.i. political network of istitutions and individuals);

This would be a virtual state. This point can be managed.

2) Purchasing/leasing of a minor territory (1-10 kmē) in a friendly country under conditions of exterritoriality for 100 - 250 years, establishing there a settlement, and using this time to collect sufficient financial ressources for step 3.

My opinion: Better using the standard of a leasing of 99 years (like Macao and HK). (Tip: In very poor or in disaknowledged countrys such a leasing would be easy to get.)

3) Purchasing a souvereign territory and establishing a "real" territorial state.

My opinion: You can only buy a piece of land; but not a state. The frontiers of today aren't made by money; they were made by blood. But in 99 years, other Gays should decide, if a Gay-State is worth a war. We both aren't alive then.

Mogul

• Viktor Zimmermann
  • Administrator
  • Guru
Re: Draft of a roasmap to a gay-state
« Reply #2 on: Thu, Sep 02, 2010, 13:06 »

Our current program can be found here:

http://gayhomeland.org/program.html

Since states are founded with at least a couple of thousands of people, it makes more sense (in my opinion) to start with popularization of the idea, to enlarge our basis. The purchase of the territory for the state will be only possible after a political network worthy of the word "state" has been established. Such political networks without territory are known from the international law and can be used as a legal precedence case (see Order of Malta, http://www.orderofmalta.org/).

We are of course more than "3.2" people involved in the group. ;-) There is a loose network existing, with members contributing more or less financially and ideally. Counting with your suggested "convertite rate" of 2%, a basis of 1.000 people would yield 20 Gay nationalists, a basis of 100.000 people will yield 2.000. It is clear that the best way to help a Gay state into existence is first to make the idea known to as many people as possible.

A good "minor issue" would be very helpfull as well, of course. This might be the issue of Gay refugees (e.g. from Iran and Iraq), who urgently need asylum in western countries. Running a refugee camp / settlement would be something which comes very close to our stated purposes. The Russian Gay pride issue is managed rather well by Nikolay Alexeev, they not really need help from us.

As for a location for the future territorial Gay state, it must be suitable - this means the life of our citizens there must improve in comparison to what they have had before. Living either without daylight for half a year, or being ambushed between an islamists and a fashist state is certainly not an improvement for anybody, least for Gay people. The concept of Terra Nullis  is not that important in our days anymore (if it has ever been), because virtually anything of worth already is controlled by one or other state - we will have to negotiate anyway. The location needs to be of a habitable nature, and the surrounding countries should be non-hostile to Gays. The governments of Russia, Iran, Saudy Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Somalia are not in the list of our favourite negotiation partners, even if these states might have a plentitude of empty land.

So my suggested road-map looks different:

0) Popularization of the idea of the Gay state;
1) Establishing the Gay state as an sovereign entity without territory (e.i. political network of istitutions and individuals);
2) Purchasing/leasing of a minor territory (1-10 kmē) in a friendly country under conditions of exterritoriality for 100 - 250 years, establishing there a settlement, and using this time to collect sufficient financial ressources for step 3.
3) Purchasing a souvereign territory and establishing a "real" territorial state.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" Salvor Hardin

joachim999

• my Gayroyal Profile
Draft of a roasmap to a gay-state
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Sep 01, 2010, 23:53 »

I have a discussion-draft to establish a gay-state - 10 point-plan

A. Pre-Start

1.) We are aware, that this community consists of about 160 people
2.) We are aware, that only 2% of the community is willing of really founding a gay-state and taking all the responsibility and all the trouble with that big work to do. So we would be statistically 3.2 people to do this.
3.) We are aware, that we need as a minimum of 5-7 people for founding. For founding an association, we need at least 7 people - for founding a micronation, we need at least 5 people. So we need some more people.
4.) So we need first a bit of success, before starting the main issue of founding a micronation.
5.) So we first have to start a minor issue

------
B. Starting the minor issue
6.) The minor issue is: A legal Gay-Pride in Russia: This is easier than it seems. For the gay-Nation, the problem of Russia is harsh homophobia. For Russia, the problem is russophobia in the Caucasus.
7.) So a buffer-belt of a free-zone between the mainland and Tschetschenia would be preferable for the Russian Government. In this free-zone, annual Gay-Prides are legalized and (gay)tourists from all over the world are coming. So this powder keg could be appeaced and a Gay-Pride in Russia can take place (a so called win-win-situation). So we have the success and we gain people.

-----
C. Starting the mayor issue
8.) Searching a place for the gay-state in a so called terra-nullius
9.) Founding the gay-state as a micronation
10.) Waiting for settlers to turn the micronation in a macronation, which has as terretory as permanent residentials

What do you think about that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up