GLR Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read "Sixteen Propositions" by Michael Denneny in our online-Library!
 http://library.gayhomeland.org/0003/EN/index.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pitcairn Islands  (Read 4475 times)

jacob_l

• Forum member
The Pitcairn Islands
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Mar 22, 2016, 21:47 »

Hello, my name is Jacob, I am gay, and I am the newest member of the Gay Homeland Organization. Today I would like to share my proposal.

The Pitcairn Islands, officially Pitcairn, are a group of four volcanic islands in the southern Pacific Ocean that form the last British Overseas Territory in the Pacific. The islands are inhabited mostly by descendants of the Bounty mutineers and the Tahitians who accompanied them. With only about 56 inhabitants, originating from four main families, Pitcairn is the least populous national jurisdiction in the world. The Pitcairn government's attempt to attract migrants has been unsuccessful. Since 2013, some 700 make inquiries each year, but so far, not a single formal settlement application has been received. As the island remains a British Overseas Territory, at some point the British government may have to make a decision concerning the island's future.

The government of Pitcairn is desperately trying to find migrants to bolster their economy and population. If a migrant were to move the Pitcairn Islands, land is free but building a typical New Zealand Kitset home will cost you around $100,000 USD. The cost of living on the island is roughly $10,000 USD.

Local jobs are not available to migrants, so exported jobs, or working from online is the only way non-citizens can work.

This island nation is a feasible location to establish a Gay safe haven. There is a small population so the more Gay people that come and settle the more we have in say in the local government. Then if we can enable the island to be prosperous, maybe we can inspire even straight couples to come to pro-create our population. If we can pull the Pitcairn Isalnds out of their funk, we can remain within the British Commonwealth, but hold a referendum for Independence.

I really think we have a chance at this, but we need to put ourselves out there to let people know. I am also thinking about emailing the government. Let me know what you guys think.

--
In solidarity,
Jacob Lanzer
Pages: [1]   Go Up